The Lotus Cars Community banner

Lotus Sports Suspension: How Committed Are You?

• I have decided not to purchase this option

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • I want this option, but I will forego it if means waiting any extra time for the delivery of my car

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • I am willing to wait 1-2 months extra for the delivery of a car with LSS

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • I will wait as long as necessary for a car with LSS

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... I'm posting this poll on the assumption that as interest in the Sports Pack option increases, those ordering LSS might experience longer delivery waits.

·
Registered
607 Posts
So far, I am the only one who will wait indefinitely for this option. :D ;)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided against LSS as soon as details started coming out:
1) The car is a financial stretch for me to begin with; can do without the extra cost.
2) With only six total track days under my belt, I am not a fast enough driver to tax the baseline suspension. Some day, maybe.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I will pass on the LSS because:

--The LSS suspension is probably too stiff and not suitable for street.

--The A048 tires are road race tires, again not suitable for street us so you probably need another set of wheels.

I will take my car to track but I think stardand suspension will be good enough for me. :)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shinoo said:
Just got back from the LA show. Lotus rep stated that they will have the capacity to fill all LSS orders and are not limited to 300.
Was the rep's implication that all sports pack items will be in plentiful supply and ready to be bolted on whenever necessary, or that there will simply be no hard limit? In other words, I think everyone expects that Lotus will sell a sports pack to whomever wants one, even if it means putting the sports option on every single car. The question is, Do they have the capacity from jump street to fulfill all sports pack orders as they're received?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Don't need it, don't want it - gonna baby the car but will take it to the track to blow out the dust from time to time. The touring package is for me.

I'm an older guy going through my 5th childhood. Life has beat me up, I don't need my car to do it too. LOL

I want something my wife can drive and we can take on weekend drives without requiring kidney dialysis or industrial strength Preparation H when we return.

I want to drive the car hard when I'm alone but be able to have my wife enjoy it too.

Just my opinion - I could be wrong.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My apologies cerven...I forgot where you live, there's no such thing as a Dentist in Kentucky:D
Sorry...I have family in Cincinnati, just had to take the jab!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
If Lotus already has enough deposits for the first year's production (@2300) and most of the second year as well, where are all the voters. Only 41 responses to the poll??!!

Either there are an awful lot of lurkers that can't or won't vote or a whole lot of apathy from the group.

·
Registered
607 Posts
jml1952 said:
...Either there are an awful lot of lurkers that can't or won't vote or a whole lot of apathy from the group.
Or many don't know about this Forum? :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm commited

i'll wait as long as it takes for this option. Die hard LSS here. Although, if the price somehow creeps to 60k you can count me out. For that amount I may strongly consider a used 95' 355 coupe.

·
Registered
247 Posts
By my signature you should know how I voted:) The first tinkering I wil do to my Elise is lower it. I am used to a very punishing ride to compensate for the improved looks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts