The Lotus Cars Community banner

What could Lotus do to make amends?

• Give me a SIGNIFICANT discount on Lotus accessories.

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Give me a SIGNIFICANT discount on Lotus driver training course.

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • No discounts for me. Freebies - apparel, cover, etc.

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Just give me periodic updates on my car and all is forgiven.

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Nothing short of grandfathering us in at old price.

Votes: 31 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To those whose official orders have been taken, but are getting hit with the MSRP increase because their cars have not been invoiced yet, what would it take for you to forgive Lotus???

Remember - Lotus eyes are watching......

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Grandfather us in at the old price.

I spec'ed my car out based on the old price. Hell, I even felt that I was doing my duty and helping Lotus make more money on the car by adding options. Guess you could say that I felt obligated.

I no longer feel that way now.

If I could spec my car today, knowing what I know, I'd go with either SY or AR, standard interior and the Starshield.

Unfortunately, I can't and LCU has me by the short and curlies. Damn, how I miss AJ.

(for those of you that have already taken delivery of your cars that don't agree with those of us that want to be grandfathered, please do your part by sending LCU a check for $945).

·
Registered
758 Posts
These polls seem to be hopping around the only thing that matters :

In your opinion, is the Elise still worth it ?

1 - Yes. I'm buying the car.

2 - No. I'm not buying the car.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I don't think Lotus "owes" anything other than a reliable fun car at a price one is willing to pay. It would be a bit less of a sting to include a couple free oil changes for those that have placed an order but not received a car yet, but that or any other peace offering is just not going to happen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
"Thank you sir. May I have another" is right! I couldn't agree more. Silly me, I ordered my car just as I wanted it. (At least Arnie made that possible for us.) I even maxed out the order with every option available.

Now I'm being penalized beyond the extended wait time for ordering the Sport Package. I'm #4 at my dealer (Star Motor Cars). If I had ordered SY and the Touring Pack I may have had my car by now, plus the savings of the options, plus an extra $945!

David Nagler
Chrome Orange, Touring Pack, Sport Pack, Hardtop & a $945 shafting

Johnny B said:
Grandfather us in at the old price.

I spec'ed my car out based on the old price. Hell, I even felt that I was doing my duty and helping Lotus make more money on the car by adding options. Guess you could say that I felt obligated.

I no longer feel that way now.

If I could spec my car today, knowing what I know, I'd go with either SY or AR, standard interior and the Starshield.

Unfortunately, I can't and LCU has me by the short and curlies. Damn, how I miss AJ.

(for those of you that have already taken delivery of your cars that don't agree with those of us that want to be grandfathered, please do your part by sending LCU a check for $945).

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GabbaGabbaHey said:
I don't think Lotus "owes" anything
neither do I...never said they did.... but there are things that they could do which would not require major expenditures on their part but could significantly improve customer satisfaction amongst those affected..

The results so far indicate over 50% would be satisfied either by receiving better info or by receiving discounts on ADDITIONAL purchases. Makes business sense to me...

Will they do anything - who knows...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts