The Lotus Cars Community banner

What do you predict will happen at Lotus? DRB-HICOM will ...

• sell Lotus to the highest bidder.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • continue luxury branding agenda laid out by Bahar, continue investing in the plan (and the Esprit).

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • scrap the luxury agenda, focus on selling more cars in production.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • downsize the company ('restructure'), to get into the black ASAP.

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • part out the company (liquidate).

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • do something *completely* different (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a previous poll done back in Dec 2010 by Hello Kitty that asked pretty much whether or not you liked Bahar as the Lotus CEO. Have you changed your mind about Bahar since that poll?

Anyway, in lieu of the current events, I thought I'd do a poll to see what everyone's prediction is for the post-Bahar Lotus...

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I say we all put our money together and buy Lotus, I mean at this point lotus can't be worth more than 10 Million Dollars and the company it will be owned and operated by lotus enthusiasts...

P. S. We can make Arashi the chief designer!! :eek:

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
the esprit will most likely happen, it was in the plan before danny, and would most likely remain in the plan after him - since it would seem.... he didn't accomplish much with it during his time. but i don't think a danny'esque 200k+ esprit will be in the cards.

i think DRB will still pursue the sale with Genii

·
Registered
224 Posts
Lotus are finished. The Chinese will probably buy the company and mass produce the Elise at half the price. the new Esprit will never see daylight unfortunately.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I believe for the immediate future, business as usual.

Any longer term developoments will be reviewed, maybe scapped. Exisisting projects that have considerable investment and advancement we be continued.

Bottom line, no point selling a company when it looks bad, if you can hang on to it. Maybe sold later when the dust settles and model targets look more realistic. A much better price will be obtained.

1200 cars on back order so there is a immediate demand for the cars, so if I was the new owner I would make a few changes to trim spending and wait and see if the company and value can be stabilised possible increased.

Another option that people haven't canvased is absorbing into Proton. The cars could be either fitted out with more Proton parts or moved to a locality in Malaysia.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think whether DRB-Hicom decide to sell Lotus or not will depend on what value and use they place on the Lotus Engineering side of Group Lotus.

They currently are involved with Mercedes-Benz , Suzuki,Honda and VW-Audi,who are all companies that dont usually use Lotus Engineering, so that worries me.

I personally dont think any of the Bahar era planned products will see the light of day, I could be wrong but just dont see them wanting to throw more good money after bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts