The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Items needed: One 600 lbs medical scale purchased from Ebay for $110, 7 platforms the same height as the scale. Jack up the car onto the platforms, then role it back and forth while swapping the scale and front platforms around to each corner. Just be careful not to push the car off the platforms. Takes about 10 minutes from start to finish.

Results are 1933 lbs with a full tank of gas and 1873 lbs nearly empty. 06 with Touring package and some weight reduction.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
And the corner weights were?????

Just saw you were in the springs. If you want to compare, my 06 is just up I-25. I would be happy to zip down

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't put ballast in the car, so the corner weight cross percentage isn't good.

I was just trying to determine how close my list of weight reduction modifications was to the actual weight of the vehicle.

Corner Weights for low gas, 1873 lbs total
Front Left....Front Right.....Front %
397.2.........342.8.............39.5%
Rear Left.....Rear Right......Rear %
552.4.........580.6.............60.5%

Cross: 47.8%, 52.2%

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Have you seen that trick with a bottle of water and a long tube to make sure all the platforms are level to each other?

You basically take a gallon jug and a long bit of fishtank tubing. You start a siphon in the tube. You set the desired hight in the milk jug, and you can walk around with the tube end to check the level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts