The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a lot of fun, but perhaps the best word to describe the Porsche 250 at Barber this weekend is "hot" (100 degrees here Sunday)- But there was a nice breeze, some great racing action, and a lot of nice cars in the car corral track-side- Lotus was well represented (for Alabama)- Here are a few shots from the corral:

row.JPG
MOB show & Porsche 250 July 2008 039.jpg

During the lunch break, Mr. Barber demonstrated some of the jewels from his museum- If you are not aware, Mr. Barber has an incredible collection of Lotus automobiles- I think the car with the mirror finish is an "11"?

vintage.JPG

One of the biggest highlights for me was the Hypersport Exige on exhibit on the paddock- Awesome!

hyper.JPG

I'm already looking forward to next year!

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
OK, here are some of my pix. We got to do some touring laps in the middle of Sunday morning. Even at slow speeds the track is fun. That last picture is Patrick Dempsey doing parade laps in a 60s Ferrari F1 car (usually in the museum). Later the guys from the museum brought out and ran a Lotus 11 and Lotus 23.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
And here are some more pix of the Hypersport Exige racer which is almost finished. It's going to FAST.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pictures Mick!

It was nice meeting you- Not sure if I mentioned it before, but you represented Lotus well during the parade lap- (> 40 mph :no:), and your Exige was, by far, the best sounding car on the track- :coolnana: BTW, did you see the guy in the BMW loose it on the hairpin? He just about ate armco rotfl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts