The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was traveling back from NH to MA on 93S. After the Hooksett tolls, I merged right to get back on 93S. After the road straightened out, some guy in a really nice black Porsche Carrera S screwed by me at what had to be 100 MPH. I was going 70 and he passed me pretty good. I was in my Elise, so I guess he was trying to make a point. Well, he did. In fact, he probably made several points... on his insurance, because a NH Statie bagged him about 600 ft. after he blew by me. I drove by and gave him a :up: just to lighten the mood.

Moral of the story: don't show off.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
ive had that happen, last year on my way home from an auto x at the meadowlands, i was in right lane on the gspw and had a riced out civic ride my bumper for what seemed like forever. then after a bit i guess he realized i wasnt having it and took off and had to be going 100. well about 2 miles later he was on the side of the road and parked just infront of a trooper with lights on.... i just smiled.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
i drive slow when im in the lotus, everyone seems to just wants to race me, so i drive slow in purpose, lol

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
It's funny......driving to Blackhawk Farms (in my Porsche) I kept getting passed by Lotuses on the way there. I think I was the only car on the road doing 45 in a 45 construction zone.

·
Registered
606 Posts
ive had that happen, last year on my way home from an auto x at the meadowlands, i was in right lane on the gspw and had a riced out civic ride my bumper for what seemed like forever. then after a bit i guess he realized i wasnt having it and took off and had to be going 100. well about 2 miles later he was on the side of the road and parked just infront of a trooper with lights on.... i just smiled.

Similar thing happend to me last week. I was exiting off the interstate and found a honda sport bike behind me. The rider revs his engine to provoke me as I was checking him in my rear view at the stop sign at the end of the ramp. We both turn and he's right on my tail as I sedately drive along. We soon came up on a local farmer in a beat up pickup. The pickup turns off the road and I accelerate very gingerly and continue to maintain the pickup's even more sedate pace. Meanwhile, Mr. Von Crotch Rocket is nearly in the car with me. Eventually he realizes I don't want to play, slows down, and turns off at a pull-off to head back in the opposite direction. I was glad of this as I would have hated to have him flex his POWR2W8 muscle and get all scabbed up or worse. Here's to him for excercising good judement.. :up:

- Allen.

·
Registered
979 Posts
It's funny......driving to Blackhawk Farms (in my Porsche) I kept getting passed by Lotuses on the way there. I think I was the only car on the road doing 45 in a 45 construction zone.
I attest that this was true. You were the only one. OTOH, I was rushing to make it to tech inspection.

·
Registered
47 Posts
A few days ago I was driving home and a new-looking Corvette pulled up beside me and revved his engine, then sped up... slowed down when he realized that I wasn't going to race him... yelled a not-so-nice word at me and sped off at around 150+ km/h (speed limit was 100).

I just started laughing as the ghost-car behind me pulled up beside me, the cop smiled at me as he turned on his lights, and pulled over the corvette :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I love when someone acts like an idiot as he passes me, only to find them pulled over a few minutes later.....
....and yes, the Elise seems to bring the best or worst out of people. Folks either give me a :up: or they want to race! :shift: It's a challenge for me to maintain some restraint regarding the latter...

·
Registered
440 Posts
...how does that go? Yield not to temptation.....

Translation: Let someone else 'buy' the ticket....ESPEC in a construction zone (or as I like tho refer to them, as the IL State Police Revenue Zone).

Rgrds,
john m

·
Registered
223 Posts
Agreed! A busy cop is a happy cop, so let he/she play with someone else. I'd rather spend the money for track days or mods! :)

...how does that go? Yield not to temptation.....

Translation: Let someone else 'buy' the ticket....ESPEC in a construction zone (or as I like tho refer to them, as the IL State Police Revenue Zone).

Rgrds,
john m

·
Registered
582 Posts
That goes to show you, you should race as often as you can coz you never know when they might be clocked :D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Today I was traveling back from NH to MA on 93S. After the Hooksett tolls, I merged right to get back on 93S. After the road straightened out, some guy in a really nice black Porsche Carrera S screwed by me at what had to be 100 MPH. I was going 70 and he passed me pretty good. I was in my Elise, so I guess he was trying to make a point. Well, he did. In fact, he probably made several points... on his insurance, because a NH Statie bagged him about 600 ft. after he blew by me. I drove by and gave him a :up: just to lighten the mood.

You didn't stop to tell the cop how he was stalking you, cuting you off and threw trash at your car? rotfl

·
Registered
3,314 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Same thing happened to me while driving the Z4 M Coupe. Some children in a Mustang GT kept accelerating and decelerating in the parallel lane trying to get me to race. Long story short, they finally floor it. No more than a 1/4 mile away there's a cop coming in the opposite direction. U-Turns, lights, and the rest is history. I gave them a wave and a smile as I passed by.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
It's fun driving fast in our cars (and hard to drive slow sometimes)

Tho does seem that the Lotus is a magnet for the big torquey cars, and ricers who see us and want to prove their cars can keep up or are superior in a straight line on the freeway.

and seems like most of us know better than to take them on like that.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
I had some Uber Douche in a black Mercedes do that too me. I hate when people come up behind you at 100mph and cut around you at the last moment.

Best part was his NY plate (ADMIRED) What a fool. Cars probably getting Repo'd right now. Anyone know this retard?

If I saw him any sooner I would have slammed on my brakes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts