The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
porscheguy said:
hi guys, I would like to sell my car in order to buy the elise. The price I'm asking is 65,000$. I will also trade it for a low mile elise + 23,000

http://www.cardomain.com/id/customcayenne
Hmm, so you're offering 42K for a low mileage Elise? Can't say I've seen any Elises offered for that low of a price (yet)

good luck with the sale. too bad the next buyer couldn't take advantage of the "farmer's vehicle tax exemption" on your 6001lb gross vehicle weight SUV

(a little sarcasm)

:D

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
porscheguy said:
hi guys, I would like to sell my car in order to buy the elise. The price I'm asking is 65,000$. I will also trade it for a low mile elise + 23,000

Not enough Bling for me. Throw in some 24" chrome spinners and you've got a deal!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
porscheguy said:

Bwahahahahaahahhha! I bet you coulnt even find anyone to do an even trade let alone give u 23K more Bwahahahahahha!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
where are you located? why are you asking so little? You can probably trade in for more than that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
65 grand for a car that has an MSRP of something like 90,000$ new seems fair to me guys, and a used Elise for 42,000 is fair too since the new one is like 39 something MSRP. I will raise it to 44 grand though.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Well, actually, base MSRP is 41K, but then the options bump it up significantly, plus TTL, plus people are getting hit with markups... I still doubt you'll find an elise at that price, but good luck!

Cade

·
Registered
291 Posts
porscheguy said:
65 grand for a car that has an MSRP of something like 90,000$ new seems fair to me guys, and a used Elise for 42,000 is fair too since the new one is like 39 something MSRP. I will raise it to 44 grand though.
MSRP is 41k. with Tax and delivery, minimum "drive off the lot" cost is around $44k. That's with no options. Most cars have at least one option.

Anyone who has one now was on the list 1.5 to 3 yrs. (2.7 yrs for me). Even if you offerred the SUV for the car and no money I doubt you will get any takers. I wouldn't sell my car for any price. Not after waiting almost 3yrs and only driving it for 1 month so far.

You will not see fair prices until people that didn't have to wait so long have had a chance to drive it for a while.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
market value of an Elise right now, new or used is 47-52k depending on options and color.

not sure what cayenne's sell for but you can base your price off that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cmon guys, I know that some of you waited years for the elise but lets look at the actual prices that elises are selling for. If you look at ebay, the HIGHEST price for a NEW lotus is 49 grand, and the average price for the NEW lotus is in mid 40's.... 52k is just a little over the board...

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Porsche,
All kidding aside, I wish you luck in selling your car and getting an elise. It's just this probably isn't a place where you'd find someone wanting to go from an Elise to an SUV. We have a high proportion of people that dislike SUVs here, I guess because the elise is soooooo tiny and SUVs seems absolutely huge.

Chris

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
why don't you just trade your Cayenne in at a dealer that has an Elise available? How badly was your truck wrecked?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol look at pics, the truck is in mint condition
Ive always buyed and sold cars privately, its just a matter of personal preference and not to mention the money savings. Most likely I will buy it on ebay...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
porscheguy said:
lol look at pics, the truck is in mint condition
Ive always buyed and sold cars privately, its just a matter of personal preference and not to mention the money savings. Most likely I will buy it on ebay...
Well the price you are trying to sell it at is below wholesale auction prices. I don't think you'll have any trouble selling it. Any dealer, broker, carmax, etc, will give you what you are asking on the spot, if it is what you say it is. As for an Elise, if you want to buy from a private party as others have said you are going to have to cover all options and tax, tag and title and a little premium if you want one now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts