The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All
My best friend Joe bought a Porsche. And Just received this "Pylon" from Porsche with his vin number ingraved on it. I am in the visual business so I thought it was pretty cool. To some it might seem alittle... well, alot of "Fluff". The box that it came in said "We took great pleasure in building your Porsche". And I remember Joe telling me the whole Porsche buying experience was really professional and classy. This pylon just adds to the experience. In some little way makes me want to buy a Porsche. But the Elise first.

I told Joe, "Wow, that pilon is sweet, all I hope from Lotus is my Elise... I don't need a pilon." :D

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
And people wonder why Porsche charges $750 for footwell lighting? ;)

During the course of ownership, Porsche does send some nice stuff (brochures, subscription to Christophorous magazine, etc.), but don't think you're not paying for it one way or another.

With Lotus, I'd be happy with the just the car, good training for there service techs, and enough parts on supply.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Allan Gibbs said:
And people wonder why Porsche charges $750 for footwell lighting? ;)

During the course of ownership, Porsche does send some nice stuff (brochures, subscription to Christophorous magazine, etc.), but don't think you're not paying for it one way or another.

With Lotus, I'd be happy with the just the car, good training for there service techs, and enough parts on supply.
NOTHING IS FREE! NOTHING! Especially with Porsche!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I dislike taking my car to the Mercedes dealer for service.

"Wow.. look at all these plasmas in the lounge! Sweeeet! Oh.. a scone? Cool. Can I get a free capuchino to wash it down? Thanks. No, no whipped cream. Oh, a Mercedes water bottle to take? How cool is that? Thanks!"

"Oh... $750 for that little sensor you replaced?"

Still... some sort of something from Lotus would be nice.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Randy Chase said:
I dislike taking my car to the Mercedes dealer for service.

"Wow.. look at all these plasmas in the lounge! Sweeeet! Oh.. a scone? Cool. Can I get a free capuchino to wash it down? Thanks. No, no whipped cream. Oh, a Mercedes water bottle to take? How cool is that? Thanks!"

"Oh... $750 for that little sensor you replaced?"

Still... some sort of something from Lotus would be nice.
:)

I have fears about when my warranty runs out...should have bought the extended last year. It's nice for now though. They replace things I've broken, like the V1 denting the aluminum trim or things I wanted upgraded, like the 2003 tranny ECU. Which dealer do you use?

I don't want my Elise to be in the shop for months at a time, as it was with ChrisB's last Lotus.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I did take the Mercedes to this huge palace called Mercedes of San Diego.

Now, I take it to this guy down the street that is a lot more reasonable. No TVs. No water. No refreshments. No problem.

I have spent a little too much on repairs in the last 6 months. Some sort of driveshaft sensor that would overheat. Replaced a waterpump last month. Windshield is being replaced for the second time in 11 months because it is cracking. Still debating on selling the Mercedes when the Lotus gets here...instead of selling the Honda minivan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts