Registered
223 Posts
You have a PM.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Paging Boosted

If anyone personally knows Boosted, please let him know to check his PMs :D

He's been MIA all week and I have some money burning a hole in my pocket that I really thing he can give a good home to :nanner2:

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I'm assuming you need a custom tune with this?

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
I'm assuming you need a custom tune with this?
Eddie, I don't think you will need a custom tune. It's the stock exhaust manifold/header cleaned up .... difference/slight improvement in flow can be handled by the stock ECU, i.e., the car will not run too lean. ;)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Eddie, I don't think you will need a custom tune. It's the stock exhaust manifold/header cleaned up .... difference/slight improvement in flow can be handled by the stock ECU, i.e., the car will not run too lean. ;)
I've heard this from a few people concerning these ported headers, I would love to see actual -over time- results on an Elise/Exige.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
If anyone personally knows Boosted, please let him know to check his PMs :D

He's been MIA all week and I have some money burning a hole in my pocket that I really thing he can give a good home to :nanner2:
drop him a PM over on newcelica.org he's very active on that board..

·
Registered
270 Posts
drop him a PM over on newcelica.org he's very active on that board..
I've tried that as well. I'm guessing he's pretty busy but hopefully I hear back from him this week.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hey guys, I'm Klint from NewCelica.Org ( possible lotus buyer) :D

Anyways just wanted to let you guys know that Boosted is very busy with the Intake manifold he produced and getting orders out. He was on yesterday around 8:00 pm . I'l let him know you guys need his assistance.

- Klint

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Does the ECU "re-learn" and negate any initial gains further on down the road (no pun intended)?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
nope.. from my experience its worth getting, especially with "problems" using aftermarket headers..

-no tune
-warped flanges
-leaks
-bad qc

·
Registered
379 Posts
This might be a slight thread shift, but I wonder if this header, along with the Piper cams could still run with the stock ECU? For someone like myself, who isn't planning on going too far with engine mods, it would seem to offer a nice, free breathing combo, with a little better mid-range. I am hopeing not to get into ECU changes, and would like to try this combo in future. Tom

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've never had a problem with a stock ECU on ANY application (Lotus, Celica, Matrix, Corolla or Vibe). The reason is that the lengths are all what the stock ECU is tuned for, this just fixes the production problems with the header.

I can't speak to cams plus header though.

The dyno we did on Jay's car was AFTER he had had the header on for over a week and it still showed over 5 HP in gains.

The bad news is that I'm still waiting on my header porting tools to come back from my friend in New Orleans, and I'm way backed up with the intake manifold stuff and some head work and engine builds, so I don't forsee getting to any header for a little bit.

I am working with a local friend about the possibility of training someone here in Houston to do them for me.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool. I appologize for the inconvenience guys - I am working as hard as I can to take care of my backlog so I can get back to doing headers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Are these still available?

Tried sending a PM & but his box is full.....

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am interested in this....

I have one question So if I were to purchase a PPE header and high flow cat and put it on my car the ECU would adjust and negate any gains seen when putting them on the car...This is without tuning...and yes I would get it tuned, But I want to know if the ECU would cancel any gains seen without a tune from that set-up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts