The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After on the Miata Forum, LotusTalk is PARADISE!! We can express our thoughts (of course with reason), our dreams, our gripes, our raves! The tireless amazing Randy keeps everyone in an organized positive chaos that I love!

Miata Forum is so restrictve. The first few posts several years ago was greeted with angry moderators. All I did was I place a post in the wrong section and I had a bunch of angry letters from the moderators, treating me like a hardened criminal!! If I tried to converse with a member, I was attacked by moderators for "BANTER"! :eek:This happened over and over again! I just couldn't take it anymore. So many people on Miata Forum that terrible issues and anger.:mad: I sold my Miatas and bought an Elise.

LotusTalk is comfortable. It's like being "home". Besides a wealth of information on Lotus cars, I've met great friends and I can talk about every thing, from Lotus maintenance to the Evolution of life!

Randy and LotusTalk: Thanks for bringing some enjoyment in my life!:nanner:

--Hal

·
Registered
427 Posts
Agreed! It's been a very helpful and beneficial forum; especially when it remains at least mostly centered around the cars. I've met some really good people through this site too, and look forward to meeting more, learning about interesting modifications, potential repairs, related experiences, etc...
:clap::shift::up::D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Gary runs a tighter ship over there, personally I think that site would be a wreck if he didn't. When you consider the cost of entry between a Miata vs. Elise, naturally the forum dedicated to the car is going to have a fair bit more activity and number of active members. Many kids in highschool are able to afford a Miata as a first car whereas it wouldn't be likely with an Elise. Most threads stay on topic without much chit chat. FWIW, There is a water cooler section that was added at some point where pretty much anything is fair game so long as it is rated PG-13 or better. Certainly a much stronger sense of community here though.

Noble

Q

·
0 Posts
Yep... I used to be on Glocktalk a lot (talk about a different crowd).

The moderators are very biased (especially on anything against their exhalted leader, King George)...

They have no problems with references to the Klintons, DemoRATS, etc.

When I posted about the "ReDUMBlicans"... I get an e-mail from one of the moderators.

I told him to chill out, and that if he was going to be on my case about the term "ReDUMBlican", then he needs to moderate the users who used derogatory terms about Democrats.

BANNED!

What an AS$

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
...We can express our thoughts (of course with reason), our dreams, our gripes, our raves!..
stick a sock in it!
...The tireless amazing Randy keeps everyone in an organized positive chaos that I love!...
despite the best effort of the evil forces of KAOS!
...The first few posts several years ago was greeted with angry moderators. All I did was I place a post in the wrong section and I had a bunch of angry letters from the moderators, treating me like a hardened criminal!!...
the mods don't have to get angry, that's what ET'ers are for.
...If I tried to converse with a member, I was attacked by moderators for "BANTER"! :eek:This happened over and over again! ...
i call SHENANIGANS!
...LotusTalk...
viva la E Talk!

;)

·
Premium Member
11,758 Posts
Yep... I used to be on Glocktalk a lot (talk about a different crowd).

The moderators are very biased (especially on anything against their exhalted leader, King George)...

They have no problems with references to the Klintons, DemoRATS, etc.

When I posted about the "ReDUMBlicans"... I get an e-mail from one of the moderators.

I told him to chill out, and that if he was going to be on my case about the term "ReDUMBlican", then he needs to moderate the users who used derogatory terms about Democrats.

BANNED! What an AS$
wow, that is BS to a high degree.

BTW, I use Rebumblicans...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

We have had over 3.4 million unique visits in the last 12 months and growing. I guess that is good, but as noted, it is harder to keep things running smooth in a larger forum. What easily works (as in anything goes) in a forum with 10 users, does not work in one with thousands of active users. I have total respect for Miata.net, it is a big site that Gary is running and he has some good mods. Yeah, a little too strict and old school (lol, that is funny coming from me) for me, but then the Internet is a big place and I don't have to hang out there. It is Gary's place.

There are a lot of very good people on Lotustalk and we have good moderators. That is the key.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts