The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
No lotus yet, but cant wait to get one
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I was wondering if you could custom (extremely custom) jury-rig a front mount intercooler for a turbo or supercharger, in the front opening of the front clam. obviously bodywork would be needed to widen the opening but look at the hole at the very front, would this work?

Lotus Elise Maintenance, How to Remove the Front Clam

·
Registered
893 Posts
Some kit already exist for sale. Don’t know who, maybe hangar111. The kit I saw was installed on the floor of the tunnel.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Pro Alloy in the UK makes a nice set up.

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
I've installed the Pro Alloy kit which included a new radiator and was able to keep the AC condensor.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
You want to do a front mount setup for an A2A intercooler? That'll take like 10+ ft of charge pipe and make the car very sluggish.
Anything's possible with enough money and time, though.

In addition to the ProAlloy A2W chargecooler kit that others have already mentioned, others too make chargecooler setup with pre-coolers at the front.
Hangar111

RRR Engineering makes a supplemental cooler for S3 2ZR engine cars since they're already chargecooled, which I'm sure can be adapted for whatever.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
809 Posts
You want to do a front mount setup for an A2A intercooler? That'll take like 10+ ft of charge pipe and make the car very sluggish.
Anything's possible with enough money and time, though.
This. You'd need pipe to and from the intercooler in the 2+ inch range. Not even sure where you could route that on an Elige. Then there's the fact it all has to be pressurized before the car goes anywhere, and your BOV would be working overtime.

Much, much better to go to A2W intercooling. I can postulate using the oil cooler holes for additional cooling capacity if you did it right...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the advice, it's very helpful

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A2W Charge cooler Mounts under the radiator. Lotus Front Mount HEX.pdf
Ah yes Ok that makes sense, also you can retain A/C if you mount it under the crash structure. So, basically this is an A2W charge cooler kit, that mounts up front near the radiator, and not next to the engine? correct me if I'm wrong here because I'm still quite new to the lotus community

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
Yes you got it. At the other end you can have REV400 or REV X. Goes to boefab.com and you can see offerings.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes you got it. At the other end you can have REV400 or REV X. Goes to boefab.com and you can see offerings.
Thanks for all the great advice, appreciate it!

·
Registered
605 Posts
This is what I did with my Rev X setup. Radiator supplied by Simply Sports Cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yes aircon retained

1 - 17 of 17 Posts