·
Registered
511 Posts
Might go viral........

Reactions: brgelise

·
Registered
566 Posts
Lotus "Envy" or "Essex" (Found out this is an old car company) Reminds me of Exige.

·
Registered
566 Posts
"Essex" is actually a special edition of the Esprit.
Had no Idea, So maybe that should be the name of a new Esprit!? :shrug:

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Eagle
Everest
Electra

Feel free to add.
Eagle was used by AMC. Since that company doesn't exist anymore, perhaps available.

GM/Buick may take issue with Electra

I prefer 'End,' as in the last car to use the E naming convention.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Had no Idea, So maybe that should be the name of a new Esprit!? :shrug:
The Essex Esprit. This one might be the only one of the few imported into the US that's still on the road.

Attachments

·
Loves to talk
1,245 Posts
I like the current names, Elise, Exige and Evora. They appeal to me by sound and reference. Maybe it's because I like the cars and that they represent 25 years of Lotus. I hope these names get tagged onto new cars that fulfill the attainable sporting street car niche. Continuity and longevity are valuable. New platforms can take advantage of heritage. Some manufacturers come up with a new name for each new platform. Aventador, Hurican, Pista, Enzo, LA F . That works too yet much of the rest of the world seems to hold on to winning names or formulas and tags. 911, Golf, A4, M3, S Class, Abarth, Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, Supra, Corolla, Range Rover. You can argue for either way. New platform, new name. New platform, traditional name. I hope Lotus is proud enough of the cars they are turning out today to retain a place in their lexicon for cars that meet similar briefs in the future. But if they must change that:

Lotus Exude
Lotus E-mission

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Evangelical - for religious owners
Ejaculate - for sexual men
Estrogen - for menopausal women
Empathy - for physicologists
Etcetera; - for those that expect more
Event - for those liking important occurances
Enchalatia - for Mexican owners

I could go on;

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I like the current names, Elise, Exige and Evora. They appeal to me by sound and reference. Maybe it's because I like the cars and that they represent 25 years of Lotus.
If Artioli's grand daughter wasn't named Elisa, what we know as the Elise would've been the ideal resurrection of the Europa name (rather than the variation that wound up with that name in the European market only).

I'd love to see the older names like Elan and Elite come back too.

Reactions: lotusquacious

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts