The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know most of us are familiar with realistic pricing on these cars. However, for those in the market beware of these cars. First off the pictures are skewed and second the pricing is WAY OFF! I don't know for 100% certainty these are scams but thought I would warn the community.
Here is the website with no mention of Lotus cars for sale. Hmmm.
https://www.greencarsvt.com/cars-for-sale

Attachments

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Wow!!! Insane prices that's for sure. Even if they were rebuilt/salvage titles, what a deal. Curious if anybody has inquired on these ones. Good looking out @Crazy05.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This looks like the fishing scams that are always on Craigslist, some of them are just after personal information but you will also get some that ask you to wire a downpayment or something like that. I would not touch them.

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
I have a Casita travel trailer - they've been scamming those on CL for years. If you see an asking price at less than 50% of reasonable market value on CL, assume it's a scam. If you feel like doing a whack-a-mole good deed, feel free to run the pics through a matching site and then click the scam button.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
LOL that map view esseye linked is just too funny. The thought of them actually having these cars there haha.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
that last one looks like someone is advertising with @VisualEchos car/photo...
Same type of style, yes, but not my car.

At first I thought I was going to be able to buy Echos's car for cheap.

That's also an older looking photo as I believe he has the CUP car safety controls on that side of the car now.
My car is Storm Titanium.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/visualechos/

He's a better photog than that. It is not his photo at all.
Thanks bro :up:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow!!! Insane prices that's for sure. Even if they were rebuilt/salvage titles, what a deal. Curious if anybody has inquired on these ones. Good looking out @Crazy05.
This is pretty common scam. If you have email alerts set up you see this crap on the automated emails every weekend across all makes and models.
It seems like Autotrader doesn't have any employees working on the weekends, so scammers steal a password or hack into a legitimate dealer's account and post a bunch of fake ads on Saturday mornings. The ads stay posted until either the dealer finds out or the Autotrader staff notices on Monday morning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts