The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SCCPC111X5HL31663

I cant seem to find any it has the Sport package rims so Im guessing obvious sport pack
no touring pack but has a upgraded stereo really dont care about that

Can anyone find any issues with this car...? maybe wrecks or something...?
I know the dealer VERY well and we are friends with the owner we kinda told him to keep an eye out for a elise and well damn....he got one... fast...
good price to just trying to find out if its to good to be true

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
First - Post pictures and location.

Second - Link to the listing if you have one.

Third - get a Carfax.

Then see if anyone replies, chances are somebody will know it.

Not being an ass, just do your homework first and give us a little more than a VIN#.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Im a little hesitant to list its location and such...
Ive posted a car on another forum the Gti forum to be exact when I was looking for my first car...
the guy said wow thats a great price
thanks for showing me
find out a week later he snatched it up
so Im a little nervous to post pictures or anything...
carfax says no damage...
but only 1 service record... =/...
2 owners

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
It is not uncommon for people to perform their own service; especially in regions which have no dealership. My nearest dealer is about 1000 miles away. I won't do a 2k round trip for a fluid change or brake job.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
read the forum for a year, get educated in this particular "Lotus thing", THEN find your car.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't understand this thread. The first thing you post is the VIN, which anyone with access to a search engine can use to find out as much as they want on the car. Then you ask us to do research for you, which some are probably more than willing to do for a fellow Lotus enthusiast, but when we offer help you won't give any more information because we'll steal the car.

Google says it's a low-mileage Ardent Red '05 in FL:
Used 2005 Lotus Elise Coupe in Daytona Beach, FL near 32114 | SCCPC111X5HL31663 | Auto.com

I also searched on Bing and I'm not sure if that's the latest ad or not; there are also some links from other dealer sites that show it for $35,000 and over 15,000 miles.

And if both the dealer and the owner are true friends, they should know better than to sell the car to a Lotus sniper who got their info off your request for help.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
According to autocheck, the title is good with no reported accidents. Obviously still look over the car carefully since autocheck/Carfax is pretty unreliable.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well Im a little hesitant to list its location and such...
Ive posted a car on another forum the Gti forum to be exact when I was looking for my first car...
the guy said wow thats a great price
thanks for showing me
find out a week later he snatched it up
so Im a little nervous to post pictures or anything...
carfax says no damage...
but only 1 service record... =/...
2 owners
Don't worry about things like this Mr Ohnoez

We are flying across the country to get cars inspected and driving them home. Half the forum did it already :) If you car was such a good deal, the hawks already know and are in contact with the seller. So by not posting links ... really all you were doing is making it less likely anyone would help you out.

As for my 2cents, nothing is obviously wrong, but it's also not a steal either. I guess we are finally getting back into driving season that might be a partial reason.

Anyway, hopefully you have done your full research, and hopefully we can welcome you to the brotherhood some day! (Don't call me sexist, it's a sausage fest in here!)

·
Back to the Future, again
6,205 Posts
You come in here asking for help, give minimal info, then accuse us of possible used car sale hijacking... trust me, there are other deals to be had in the local area. These cars are not that hot of commodities that you need to do that. Don't be that guy, that thinks these cars are all that and a bag of chips. They are fun cars, and you'll enjoy it if you get one, but calm down.

2005 AR with 15k miles for $35,000? Not that great of a deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The OP is right, this sort of sniping does happen. I've seen it on a Porsche forum. A guy posted questions about a SUPER deal and someone grabbed it. It seems like the car is located close to him (he knows the dealer well) so I would be a little protective of a car I was looking at that was in my own back yard vs. one that required an airport to get to.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Pretty lame that there are no engine bay pics. But the LSS look NICE. If it's stock, and checks out, it's probably on the high side of a fair price @ $32k.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts