The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got word today that Snuffalopagous (my name for my car) is on a truck and on her way north. What was interesting is that my dealer mentioned that on AUGUST 31 he got a ton of invoices for what appeared to be everything at port. If true, that means that every single one of the cars sitting at the distribution center were invoiced BEFORE the price increase so no price hike for those of us with our cars at port. :clap: :clap: :clap:

How awsome is that? Can anyone else conmtact their dealer and see if the same is true elsewhere. If so, than no one can complain about the "holding of cars" theory that has run amuck around here the past 3-4 days.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Well if this is true and many that have been complaining so often and so loudly don't get hit with the new pricing, it will be interesting to hear their reactions.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Cool! If it's true, then...thanks LCU!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Certainly appreciate Lotus efforts for allowing that to happen. Considering many of those cars would be 2-4 weeks before customer delivery.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
If my car, which is most likely on a boat now (it's been built for 2 weeks or more) doesn't get hit by the price increase, I'd be happy to take back everything I've said this week.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
If everybody locked in to their order gets the lower MRSP I'll have no complaints (even though I'll have to pay the extra $1k). My gripe was that the rules had changed for people that had chosen options and made their deposits non-refundable.
I've said it before. There's nothing wrong with raising the price.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
It would be awesome if all the cars that have been ordered/spec'ed we're invoiced prior to 09/01.

I doubt that is the case, but a car could be invoiced with payment due "x" number of days after receipt of the car by the dealer.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Still a good step on the right direction :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But you have to feel for the rest that didn't have their cars at LCU and that can't change their order. I guess we should wait and see what happens to them.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
My car is being put together this month, doubt and don't expect to be off the hook for a increase. The price went into affect Sept 1. If they are allowing cars in port to be invoiced 2-4 weeks early, consider it a nice gesture on there part.

Maybe our group will get a bone of a different sort. :)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Miguel said:
Still a good step on the right direction :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But you have to feel for the rest that didn't have their cars at LCU and that can't change their order. I guess we should wait and see what happens to them.
That's me. :( My car is suppose to start getting built in 1-2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
LarryB said:
My car is being put together this month, doubt and don't expect to be off the hook for a increase. The price went into affect Sept 1. If they are allowing cars in port to be invoiced 2-4 weeks early, consider it a nice gesture on there part.

Maybe our group will get a bone of a different sort. :)
Larry, our group got a "bone" allright. Just not the kind of bone you'd want.

:D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That is true. My dealer told me today they got a flood on invoices on 8/31 which avoided the increase. Unfortunately, mine was not one of them.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If they honor the old price for cars sitting at the port, that's an improvement. I still don't like the price increase so shortly after starting deliveries, especially for people who have already placed their orders. But at least they wouldn't get rewarded for the distribution problems.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
My car was also invoiced on 8/31:) , but is still sitting at the port:(

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
let us hope the big nasty hurricane spares the warehouse. if not you guys go to the back of the line!!!:D

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
DOOMED!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts