The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am seriously considering on purchasing an Exige S 240 that is for sell here on the forum.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/2008-exige-s-240-aspen-white-13xx-miles-56-500-a-60430/

I usually purchase all my cars new, but if I feel comfortable making the move, the Exige above will be my choice. Perfect color and the exact model I have been looking for.

My primary concern is if Lotus plans to make any major changes to the Exige (ie. tail lights, head lights, engine, etc...) I know that the design exterior wise has remained the same for a few years, which is why I am asking this.
I don't want to purchase this car and then Lotus decides to make exterior changes the following year. Being the person that I am, I would regret not waiting a little longer for the newer model to come out.

:wave:

·
Banned
874 Posts
buy it. it's a great price. I KNOW:D

but still make sure u bargain a bit

·
Registered
582 Posts
Buy it. Lotus might be turning a little soft and that is a special edition, I dont see a drawback.
The only thing I have my eyes out for is the competizioni 8c, I could marry her, the noises she makes ;)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
If you want to wait for a slightly improved/limited addition/changed car, you will wait forever. Lotus does not say what is coming up. But there’s always something next year. That said with the new Evora coming I would think that there most likely wont be any thing “new” coming for a wile.

Also the Exige S240 is vary nice, what more do you want. Even if the lights or what ever might get changed, the S240 is a grate car and always will be. Get it and start having fun and stop thinking about having fun.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I would wait for the new model with some cosmetic changes and maybe another 10 horses or so. Should only be about $75k. Surely $20k is a reasonable price bump for a couple of slight changes, right? -poke-

Then buy a nice stereo for it and drive like a granny for 1000 miles .....

·
Registered
475 Posts
buy it. it's a great price. I KNOW:D

but still make sure u bargain a bit
That price is good, but your pricing generally sucks. You tried to tell me my car was way overpriced. It sold with ease. Basically, you are trying to lower the resale value on these cars so you can finally afford one.

·
Banned
874 Posts
That price is good, but your pricing generally sucks. You tried to tell me my car was way overpriced. It sold with ease. Basically, you are trying to lower the resale value on these cars so you can finally afford one.
You had to lower your original price which is what I said was overpriced. and it was sold with ease AFTER your price reduction TYVM. My prices are correct. When you see other Lotus's just like someone elses being sold MUCH lower, what makes you car worth more if it has almost everything the same? answer:NOTHING

·
Registered
475 Posts
You said thousands less. I sold it for about a thousand less than my original asking price. I think you were suggesting 33k or less - way off.

all the same, go buy one, or shut up.

·
Registered
566 Posts
holy cow i just saw this thread...it's harder for me to check the forums since my work blocked LT! i think they saw all the bandwidth i was using viewing forums with all the huge pics! good thing i still have my sprint mogul!

anyway, i might just be a tad biased, but WHAT A GREAT DEAL!

seriously, this price isn't far off from what you can sell the car for this time next year. who know what changes will be made in 09, if any. regardless, it's a great car at a great price..and that bargaining comment should be ignored :p the car is now covered in a garage and will not be driven out of respect for the buyer, whoever that turns out to be. it hurts to think about the car, get into the car, start the car, but not be able to drive it. ahhh, i'm getting all emotional thinking about it!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
just to be fair... bmw1 has confirmed there will be an exige S260 next year(as well as a cup260) thats also supposed to be lighter

wasnt enough to put me off of getting a new 240 right now cause I am sure I can close the gap between the two models with less cash than the price difference between the two models... this is esspecially true for this particular exige

plus I would never survive waiting till january for my exige

·
Registered
566 Posts
it might have been a typo, but he also said we might not see them until January 2010. Go Gotham 265!

the improvements in 08 models were pretty good, such as new gauges, leather console, better shifter assembly and just overall better build quality, among other things.

just to be fair... bmw1 has confirmed there will be an exige S260 next year(as well as a cup260) thats also supposed to be lighter

wasnt enough to put me off of getting a new 240 right now cause I am sure I can close the gap between the two models with less cash than the price difference between the two models... this is esspecially true for this particular exige

plus I would never survive waiting till january for my exige

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still reading up on this everyday.

I'm gonna assume the S260 is 260HP?

I really am in no rush to purchase the Exige. Once my decision is made, I will need to start parting out my beloved S2000.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Still reading up on this everyday.

I'm gonna assume the S260 is 260HP?

I really am in no rush to purchase the Exige. Once my decision is made, I will need to start parting out my beloved S2000.
This thread sounds so familiar - this is my exact problem, except I was looking at the other 2008 Exige S240 for sale, the STi one (no offense Noobified).

See this thread for some MY09 answers....err....questions that have gone unanswered. :shrug: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/any-changes-exige-09-a-60291/

My $0.02, get Noobified's car, and start enjoying yourself. I would buy the other one myself, but my practise is tied to the economy, so for the next 6 months, I have to wait as I am ultra conservative with my cash with non-necessities (ok, my bikes are necessities in CF). This Noobified guy has been a straight-up guy and you could not possibly be disappointed. He is also right on the money with the '09 stuff. You are saving a TON of money with his car (best thing you can do - always live below your means) and if you need another 20 hp in '09, CharlieX is a phone call away.

For now I will live through Ara (I want those wheels!), Monsi (if yours EVER gets here!) and all the others on this board - hope it is you too.

Best,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you pass on this deal you will kick yourself.

I have a feeling I will really regret passing on this deal as well. :(

Decisions, Decisions.............. If I didn't just spend 2k on a front bumper, the decision would be so much easier for me.

I appreciate all the comments guys, you all have been very helpful.

:wave:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts