1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19 Posts
I beleive there is a blitz supercharger already available for the 2ZZ. However i'm not sure if it will fit in the elise engine bay.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, they could also be refering to the Matrix XRS or Corolla XRS since those both use the 2ZZ. But he still could be refering to the Elise.

However now that the Matrix and Corolla both use this engine we're more likely to see more work put forward for enhancements to this engine. Along with renewed TRD interest as well.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brentil said:
Yeah, they could also be refering to the Matrix XRS or Corolla XRS since those both use the 2ZZ. But he still could be refering to the Elise.

However now that the Matrix and Corolla both use this engine we're more likely to see more work put forward for enhancements to this engine. Along with renewed TRD interest as well.

He did say, "2zz in an MR application". I think the elise is the only production car out there with 2ZZ mounted Midship and Rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
866 Posts
As long as it does not cost $8,000 like the Blitz kit WITHOUT instillation, I am al for it. For that amount of money, we would bet better off building a motor, and getting the 2ZZ sleeved and slap a bigger blower or turbo on there. I hope that there are offerings for this motor, but I do have to admit that it would kill me if the SC for this car cost that much. After all, the blower doesn't cost that much, and the intercooler should be like 500-600 (yeah right!) After that, the biggest problem would be engine management. I full standalone system can be had for $2,500. I can't wait to see what is developed, as long as it is realistic, even if it is expensive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
brentil said:

I thought they killed off the 2ZZ in the matrix line. I didn't think it was availabe anymore.

·
Registered
677 Posts
analogvoid said:
I thought they killed off the 2ZZ in the matrix line. I didn't think it was availabe anymore.
I can't find any official info from Toyota to substantiate that the 2ZZ-GE is not available in the Matrix for 2005. It looks like the XRS (2ZZ-GE) is available on the Matrix and will be introduced in Corolla for the 2005 model year.

The Celica and MR2 were discontinued for 2005 though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
aletes said:
I can't find any official info from Toyota to substantiate that the 2ZZ-GE is not available in the Matrix for 2005. It looks like the XRS (2ZZ-GE) is available on the Matrix and will be introduced in Corolla for the 2005 model year.

The Celica and MR2 were discontinued for 2005 though.
Yah you are correct. The XRS is still around. I was thinking about the AWD matrix. I think they discontinued that.. anyway.. back on topic..

·
Registered
712 Posts
analogvoid said:
Yah you are correct. The XRS is still around. I was thinking about the AWD matrix. I think they discontinued that.. anyway.. back on topic..
Not to get too far off topic, but there was an AWD matrix? Hmm, I think I'll have to look into that. My parents are looking for a good winter car that gets good gas milage and is realiable.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Andy-Ran on SELOC posted the following. I don't know if it's spam or if it's a legitimate offer, but here's the post:

custom 111R Blitz Supercharger for sale!

If anybody has a 111R and wants some more power, my friend who as a Jap car tuning firm has managed to get a Supercharger for a 111R.
Its a Blitz kit which includes all fitting parts. Manifolds, induction system, ECU.
Its a self servicing item and will do so for upto 100,000 miles.
Will give 290Bhp +++

Awesome Bit of Kit and someone should buy it!

It retails at £4478 + VAT
He has one kit which is for sale for £4500 all In

If there is anybody who is intrested then PM me and i will put you in contact

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hmmm ...

How did they get it to fit? The Blitz kit uses a Model TX07 Ogura supercharger, which would be a difficult fit in the engine bay.

Do they have proof of the 290 HP? A 2ZZ-GE engine with standard internals and a safe boost level generates about 240 HP. HKS built a Blitz supercharged 2ZZ-GE that reached 300 HP, but the compression had been lowered to 9 PSI.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It's gotta be easier to fit an SC in the cramped Elise engine bay than a Turbo and all the plumbing that goes with it. This car with 275 hp would be incredible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts