The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is a possibility that we may be bringing another wheel option for the lotus soon.

Attached are a few shots of the wheels. They are a 16/17 combo. Fronts are 15.5 lbs and the rear are 17.5lbs so it's in between the base and sport pack wheels.

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the styling. We'll be mounting them on some tires this week and will update with some on the car photos as well. :nanner:

·
Registered
850 Posts
I like the styling. What is the width of the rims?

Any chance of a 15/16 combo in this style?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I like the styling but not a fan of the weight. It would be great for more options in 16x7, 17x8 that weigh the same/less than the sport pack wheels.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The styling is similar to Volks CE28, which come in 15/16 sizes and are lighter in weight. Your price and availability would have to be competitive to compete.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The styling is similar to Volks CE28, which come in 15/16 sizes and are lighter in weight. Your price and availability would have to be competitive to compete.
Pricing would fall in between Rotas and Team dynamics. The sub $1k category

·
Registered
531 Posts
Agreed, if the 17" wheels were 8 width, I'd be more interested, any possiblities?

Also, they look good, but for me when the spokes dive into the lip of the rim so quickly, they actually make the wheel look smaller than it actually is... I have a set of team dynamics on my Elise, and the backs look good, the fronts do that a bit much, more than my preference.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are two options for a wheel package.

1) We can do the original offsets with the multiple bolt holes and include the necessary hubcentric spaces and adapters for fitment as seen in the photos above.

The package would be around $700-900 with all necessary hardware.

2) We can make the wheels only have 4 bolt holes and become hubcentric along with the correct offsets. Thus making it a Lotus specific wheel.

The package would be around $800-1000 and would require a deposit from committed buyers.

The 7.5 width can't really be changed since it would require a new master mold and it wouldn't be worthwhile to invest into it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts