The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like there is a possibility of making a re-location down there over the course of this summer, I've done some reading on the area, but of course wanted to get the local car guy/girl opinion as well.

Moving down there would be myself, my soon to be fiance,our two small dogs and of course the cars.

Unfortunately I've never played at all down in Miami, but my gf has spent some time vacationing there and loved it. We're a little sick of winters up North and she has some job offers already on the table from the area.

Anybody come from up North and just love it down there? Hate it down there? etc etc

For what its worth we're big on being outdoors and at the beach (tennis, just started golf, surfing).

So fill me in guys!

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
If you're not fluent in Spanish, you probably don't want to live south of Lauderdale. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for many years. If you have money, it's great.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
I moved from NY to Palm beach in 04 and it took me a while to get used to the heat but the winters are awsome. No rain and 70-75 degrees. Good track up here at PBIR as well need to get there again! If you are planning to have children the schools are better in Palm Beach county imo. Nothing is all that far in Florida. Takes me an hour to get to Miami, and about 2-2.5 to get to orlando. The golf is great as well as all outdoor activities just be prepared for the sun in the summer. Good luck with the move Tommy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts