The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Lotus elise- BWR SC'd
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to turn my headlights on in my 07 Elise,which are HID’s and neither of them would turn on. All other lights are working fine. When I push the headlight button the hid’s turn on for a split second. What’s the chances both my HID’s died at the exact same moment or is it my switch pack module….
TIA

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
Have you checked fuses?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I commented on the facebook video, but I figure I'll post here, too. They look exactly like mine when the battery voltage dips, so I'd first check the voltage before and during hitting the button. Ten imaginary bucks says your voltage drops to single digits.

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,721 Posts
You may also want to check your battery voltage. HID ballasts require good current and voltage to operate. If engine is not running or alternator output is low then they may not trip on.

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,721 Posts
I commented on the facebook video, but I figure I'll post here, too. They look exactly like mine when the battery voltage dips, so I'd first check the voltage before and during hitting the button. Ten imaginary bucks says your voltage drops to single digits.
Wow, like minds at the same time.... :cool:

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Wow, like minds at the same time.... :cool:
Haha, yeah, I tried adjusting the aim of my headlights the other evening and couldn't keep the battery voltage up long enough, even on a trickle charger. The charger had been off for a couple days, so I was going to try again soon. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until I can idle the engine while doing it.

·
Registered
2007 Lotus elise- BWR SC'd
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well took out the HID’s and plugged in a regular bulb and voila ! Turned right on… I guess both HID’s decided it’s best to die together ?! Previous owner had this ddm hid kit installed not sure how old it is looks pretty old looking at the ballast box.. now the real question is… can anyone recommend a decent kit ? Is ddm a decent brand ?
Thanks everyone for chiming in appreciate it
Automotive tire Wood Grey Automotive lighting Rim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts