The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List from most to least annoying.

1. Very bad clicking noise from the engine when accelerating between 4 and 5.5K. Started after having a Sector 111 supercharger installed. Sounds exactly like a spark knock, but apparently isn't.

2. Drivers side door rattles horribly with every significant bump, and closing the door sounds like slamming the door of a Model T. Dealer says :tadts:

3. Left rear suspension has a squeak that is incessant, mostly noticeable when going slow on a rough surface.

4. When the air recirculate button is on, there is a terrible low frequency rattle below the dash just in front of the center air vents. Every tiny bump resonates through this conduit.

5. Behind the headlight controls is a rattle that only happens when the cars is cold. Another fun part of driving in the Winter.

I try so hard to be a good Lotus owner and ignore these sounds, but I'm an audio engineer by trade, and I live between mild annoyance and suicide :D

All kidding aside, it takes away from the driving experience for me. Standing offer to anyone: $1000 to get rid of 1,2, and 3.

I'm serious.

List yours.

·
Registered
361 Posts
1) Rear driver side shock squeaks...sometimes
2) Dash squeaks when its been sitting in the sun
3) wind screen creeks sometimes
4) sometimes coming out of first i get a pop like sound
5) when in reverse/first I get a lot of clutch chatter

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
1) Dash squeaks when its been sitting in the sun
2) Windows rattle (in down position) when driving over rough surfaces (even after adjusting the tracks)
3) Seat squeaks when going up steep hills (only in the rear-most position, which is of course the one I use)

That's it really. Everything else sounds great...

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
theres only one (squeak) that bothers me, seems to come from the middle of the dash, cant determine if its under or on the dash itself where it meets the windshield??? :shrug:

·
Registered
476 Posts
I share the window rattle issue when the window is down and going over bumps.

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
1. Rattle in passenger door.

2. Exhaust (Stage II) rattles on cold start for about 60 seconds, then fine. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
1. Ticking noise from the front left wheel, I'm pretty sure it's the brakes, but no matter what I do it won't go away. Everything to include wheel bearings seem fine. I've pulled the breaks apart multiple times and there is no unusual wear or any marking from them pads moving around in the caliper. Rotors are not warped.. :(
2. Buzzy vibration noise somewhere under the passenger side of the dash up near the vent.
3. Door rattle (about to be eliminated)

I eliminated 90% of the door window rattle by adjusting the little adj screws in the bottom corners of the doors.
I have the anti door rattle pins coming in the mail from Elise parts.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I too am audio engineer/producer by trade, and the noises bug me. Don't have many though.

- Rattle in the driver door. Window sounds like it's gonna fall out when you close the door. Tried to fix many times, tightened screws,etc...
- Weird buzz by driver side engine hatch hinge, that goes away with pressure to the top of the engine hatch. Odd...

CHeers,
Skottoman

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
I only have ONE unwanted noise:

Attachments

Reactions: BlackDuc

·
Registered
90 Posts
+1 on squeaky dash board

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have a symphony of squeaks, but the only one that really bothers me is related to the clutch upgrade on my car, but from what ive heard...TADTS so w/e

Believe it or not my G35 has a ton of rattles and squeaks too lol

·
Registered
974 Posts
1. Stock brake pads squeal like hell!
2. Left rear part of the roof rattles especially when the window is open.
3. Left corner of the dashboard (the piece with the vent) squeaks when it is hot and sunny.

Hope some of these issues will be taken care of by the dealer.

But I still love my Lotus!

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
The weirdest sound I have experienced was after I performed the intake trumpet mod. With no top on, I noticed at about 5000 rpm to 6200 rpm, a sound that is best described as sounding like a weed whacker in the distance, initially that's what I thought it was. With the top on it is much more noticeable.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts

1. Very bad clicking noise from the engine when accelerating between 4 and 5.5K. Started after having a Sector 111 supercharger installed. Sounds exactly like a spark knock, but apparently isn't.

2. Drivers side door rattles horribly with every significant bump, and closing the door sounds like slamming the door of a Model T. Dealer says :tadts:

Mine did that too, but the dealer found and fixed it.
There is a piece of foam on the metal rod that goes between the interior handle to open the door and the door latch. The foam came off on mine and the rod was rattling against the door.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts

3. Left rear suspension has a squeak that is incessant, mostly noticeable when going slow on a rough surface.

4. When the air recirculate button is on, there is a terrible low frequency rattle below the dash just in front of the center air vents. Every tiny bump resonates through this conduit.

5. Behind the headlight controls is a rattle that only happens when the cars is cold. Another fun part of driving in the Winter.

I try so hard to be a good Lotus owner and ignore these sounds, but I'm an audio engineer by trade, and I live between mild annoyance and suicide :D

All kidding aside, it takes away from the driving experience for me. Standing offer to anyone: $1000 to get rid of 1,2, and 3.

I'm serious.

List yours.
#3 is the upper rear control arm bushing. you can send the $1000.00 to my paypal account i need a set of tires . if the $1000.00 is for fixing all 3 you can send me $333.33..thanks carl

·
Registered
601 Posts
RCooper

I have a very annoying rattle whe at 2500 to 3500 RPM especially when decelerating slightly only when the engine is warm.I found some loose heat shield which is now rattle free but this is not fixed. I got under the car and checked for anything loose, it sounds like a "gearish" cam noise but it is not always consistent.Help!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I love all the little noisy imperfections in these cars. I'm tired of modern "refined" sports cars that drive and sound like Cadillacs. Bring on the noise! I'll just rev the engine higher to drown it out!

That being said, the driver's side rattle with the window down did start to become a bit annoying after awhile and I finally had it fixed. There's a bracket that clamps the window when it is down inside the door that you can order from Lotus. But the door is still going to rattle a bit when you close the door. Fine with me!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
NONE:nanner:

except the sound of the door closing when I get out of the car:D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts