The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, gents. I need to slip one of Big Daddy's mini cats or elbows onto my lambda sensor. I believe access to the sensor is via the rear driver side wheel well. Is this still the case with the Larini Sport Exhaust? Time is short for me right now, so I thought I'd ask and avoid any potential surprises. :smile2:

Thank you,
Josh

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for confirming, Bofusric. Ordered the part this morning and looking forward to installing.

Thank you,
Josh

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have been running a Big Daddy mini-cat for several years (6-7yrs I think) on my Larini CS with their decat pipe. It's been flawless and no MIL. Install is as said above and I did it on the ground with diffuser removed. You can unplug the o2 extension to make things easier so you aren't twisting the wires as you screw the mini-cat in. If memory serves me right, its just past the plastic retainer clip on the inner rear edge of the clam that supports the o2 wiring.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Josh-

What year is your lotus? The 05 has a very different emissions check system than the 06+. If you're 05, you're OK. Otherwise, it's going to be a snark to get it to work without reprogramming.

Mine is an 06'. I tried spacers, the big daddy, even tried a simulator. The 06+ checks for a dip in the emissions after throttle lift. What a pain. I was planning to build a custom simulator to match the required output. But I finally just sent the ECU out. Problem solved (and I have more torque now).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts