The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone talks to Criswell dealership, can you please post updates here. Thanks!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I talked with them today, 1/9. They say now that they will not get a test car until their first shipment of cars, whenever that may be. They were supposed to get a car in November, then in January, but it didn't work out.

EDIT: Their list is at least up to 133 now.

·
Registered
409 Posts
To be honest, I find it extremely unusual that a dealer would have a test car on stock for a car where the first year's production has sold off sight-unseen.

In other words,

Cars come in, you decide if you like the very same car you sold, if you don't then dealer keeps it. If dealer keeps it, they offer test drives until your car sells - for a large premium above MSRP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Criswell has a great selection of cars.And they provide very impressive service.Going to a factory store does have it,s benifits.

·
Registered
106 Posts
jps#41 said:
Criswell has a great selection of cars.And they provide very impressive service.Going to a factory store does have it,s benifits.
You wouldn't work at criswell by chance, would you?

The 'impressive' service of which you speak that most members have had here is nothing short of gross incompetence. They tried to cornhole me on my 1000 mile service (higher than average cost), and after speaking with Bill (then service manager) on the phone, and having him stumble and stutter on his words after I tried to get an explanation for the added cost, I decided not to do any further business with them for what appeared to me as dishonest practices.

Sales (depending on who you deal with) ranges from ok to poor. I bought my car from Criswell, but after speaking with others who have tried to deal with them, I was lucky (ok sales service).

What is your background to make such venerable claims about these turkeys?

**Update Edit**
I read your profile, jps#41. I see you are most likely the new Service Manager at said Criswell. How is Mr. Goodwrench these days? You have alot to make up for past issues with Lotus owners here. Poor service & shady practices. Perhaps you might like to address some of these issues, and how you intend to resolve them.

·
Registered
739 Posts
What's a factory store?

By the way...

I got a nice 'Fall Service' coupon through the mail from Criswell offering an oil change and general vehicle check/top-up for $79.95 + materials. They also offer to include an alignment check for a total of $149.65.

Seems like they're trying...

:shift:

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
jps#41 said:
Thats right, an overpriced, and underperfoming service dept. is "very impressive" - or should i say criswel service dept. has made quite an impression!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Paul MD said:
What's a factory store?

By the way...

I got a nice 'Fall Service' coupon through the mail from Criswell offering an oil change and general vehicle check/top-up for $79.95 + materials. They also offer to include an alignment check for a total of $149.65.

Seems like they're trying...

You know, I got the same coupon. Shame on me for spending 10 seconds thinking about it before I tossed it. Question though: does their alignment check (from what I remember I read) seem to be just a "you pay us 79.95 for us to tell you your alignment is off" or is it an actual alignment? Considering Criswell's past, it's probably the former.

·
Registered
739 Posts
It's certainly not clear what the alignment check involves. I guess just that... a check - which for $79.95 of labour and the kit doesn't seem 'unreasonable'... You're certainly not going to get a full set up for $79! There are probably people on here who spend that getting their hair cut.

Hell I'm just happy I'm not paying $300 for an oil change.

Maybe I've been lucky - but so far Criswell have been just fine with me and their marketing works - I'm gonna get my oil change done there rather than do it myself... For $79.95 it simply ain't worth the aggravation at home.

Rather spend the time doing something funky with my missus :drool:

:cool:

·
Registered
631 Posts
I availed myself of the two-fer coupon ( oil change and alignment) just yesterday, and it did include an adjustment with the alignment check. The advisor did acknowledge that the offer could have been better worded.
I'm going to tomorrow's FATT day at Summit Pt, :shift: which will be my first time on a track and wanted to make sure the alignment is good to go.

·
Registered
739 Posts
RobLaFreniere said:
I availed myself of the two-fer coupon ( oil change and alignment) just yesterday, and it did include an adjustment with the alignment check. The advisor did acknowledge that the offer could have been better worded.
I'm going to tomorrow's FATT day at Summit Pt, :shift: which will be my first time on a track and wanted to make sure the alignment is good to go.
Well good on 'em!

Enjoy FATT - I drove the Shenendoah circuit there earlier this year and had a blast - you should be able to find an old post by me in 'regions' about it - if you're on the S course... read it - it'll save you some $$$$$$$

Paul :nanner:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well here's today's Criswell experience

I showed up at 8:15am...

"I'm here to get the 'Fall Service' on my Elise, here's my coupon, sorry about the coffee stain"

"Ah yes, Mr...... please sign the work order 'here' and take a seat in the waiting area"

I buggered off to the showroom to play with the cars and shoot sh*t with Tom Skinner.

9:15 Bloke arrives at Tom's desk (which I had turned into my temporary office)

"Your car is finished sir and in the pick-up area, that'll be $79.95+tax"

Sure enough, there it was all shiney and yellow... (good since it was shiney and yellow when I drove in)

Shoot some more sh*t with Tom then out the door before 10:00am.

Now am I getting special treatment or something? Seemed like a normal day at Criswell to me.

Oil and filter change/fluids and general check-up for $79.95... yes PLEASE!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Apparantly, yes you are (getting *competant*, not special treatment). I'm happy you had a good experience though--wouldn't wish anything bad on a fellow Elise driver. It will take a quite few more posts from other people to even think about letting Mr. Goodwrench within 100 feet of my girl.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I was in for warranty work on Monday 17 Oct. Criswell is replacing my soft top. I arrived at 0730 and completed by 0930. I need to return for the soft top. There were three other cars parked in the service bay (red, Yellow, purple). Criswell asked me about oil change and I said no. The new guy (Marty) was nice. No complaints.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Prideauxx said:
Apparantly, yes you are (getting *competant*, not special treatment). I'm happy you had a good experience though--wouldn't wish anything bad on a fellow Elise driver. It will take a quite few more posts from other people to even think about letting Mr. Goodwrench within 100 feet of my girl.
While none were purchased there, I've had routine service done on my (former) Esprit, and both Elises.

What can you say? Generally it's been ok. No better or worse than any of the Nissan, Honda, Chrysler, Mercedes, Jeep, etc. service shops I've dealt with over the years.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Paul MD said:
Well here's today's Criswell experience

Oil and filter change/fluids and general check-up for $79.95... yes PLEASE!

Thats is all very good news! now i wonder why i didn't get a coupon?! ...Hmmm maybe they just don't love me. I am about do for an oil change!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
fitfan said:
Thats is all very good news! now i wonder why i didn't get a coupon?! ...Hmmm maybe they just don't love me. I am about do for an oil change!
I didn't get one either... :(

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Well I just went there on monday for the 2nd service and a few other issues. I had family in town, so I dropped off the car in the am, they said they'd have eveything fixed by the end of the day. Around 4 still hadn't heard from them, so I figured I'd call and see what was up. They said "hold on", then after a bit told me everthing was ready, I could come and get it anytime before 9. So I drive back down there to get the car and find out they hadn't fixed everything yet. Ended up taking it anyway, but am not to happy about spending about 4 hours driving to not get everything done. When they had me on the phone, they could have saved me a lot of effort by telling me to come the next day. :mad:

Well, Rothrock isn't too much farther for me, so maybe I'll give them a shot next time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Evl said:
Well I just went there on monday for the 2nd service and a few other issues. I had family in town, so I dropped off the car in the am, they said they'd have eveything fixed by the end of the day. Around 4 still hadn't heard from them, so I figured I'd call and see what was up. They said "hold on", then after a bit told me everthing was ready, I could come and get it anytime before 9. So I drive back down there to get the car and find out they hadn't fixed everything yet. Ended up taking it anyway, but am not to happy about spending about 4 hours driving to not get everything done. When they had me on the phone, they could have saved me a lot of effort by telling me to come the next day. :mad:

Well, Rothrock isn't too much farther for me, so maybe I'll give them a shot next time.
Now that sounds like the Criswell I know. Next coupon I get I'll offer up on the boards. Your loss :rolleyes:

Fitfan, you're just plain lazy--let me know next time you want to change oil and you can use my garage. :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
I went to Criswell to have my softtop fixed today. The repair was completed in one hour while I waited. The top repair is interesting. The dealer used four screws on each side to make sure the top does not come loose.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts