The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
That is cool. Please explain how you did it.
Took the stock plastic piece, cut a rectangle out. Designed a pulse width modulation circuit which is variable based on the value of a potentiometer. servos have three wires, PWM, power, and ground. I anchored a hobby servo to the underside of the stationary part of the dash panel, and several linkages to the hinged panel. The gauge pod face you see is made of wood, with some filler and lots of primer/sand repititions.The servo runs on 5vDC so rather than make my own voltage regulator, I ordered a plug-in cigarette lighter one for cheaper than the prototype board i'd have built it on (nevermind components)

Here's a test-fitting, things were trimmed down and adjusted since

And a photo of the circuit which controls it

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Custom aluminum billet mirror as small as a Sector 111 MicroMirror, but rectangular so the view out the rear window is exactly the width between the seat headrests. It has a special tinted glass mirror to reduce headlight glare at night that you don't notice during the day.

Billet 1.jpg

Billet 2.jpg

Can anyone guess which car the aluminum mirror stem came from before I machined it?

·
Registered
398 Posts
This is officially the best thread ever. Keep it up!!!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I can't stop :panic:
Removed two recirculated air intake blanking panels to dramatically increase airflow A/C though vents & insulated firewall.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Voice-operated, touchscreen Carputer;

Intel Mac Mini. Runs OSX and Windows. It's got integrated GPS, iTunes (including every song I own), Freescan (connected through the ALDL - logs ECU data while I'm driving), Bluetooth hands-free phone, and a 3G internet connection. The little black pad is a mouse. These pics were taken before I was completely finished.

Amp and power supply tucked away.

I have since cleaned this mess up. The mini fits perfectly in the pouch behind the seat.

Like it's not even there:

The keyboard and mouse have been replaced by an app called 'AirMouse' on the iPhone.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 185 Posts