The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my Evora since the end of last June & still consider myself a newbie. Since then I've noticed a lot of other new owners of the Evora (whether brand new or new to them) here on LT. So please post up if you've had yours for a year or less, including those of you who are on your 2nd Evora.

Side note: This is my daily driver & I just hit 10k miles last week & wanted to say that this has been a great car for daily use. Any reliability issues have been very minor & easily resolved on my own thus far. None of the issues have been out of the ordinary for any new car. I do have a small list compiled for work needed on my first warranty visit, but all items are minor nit-picky stuff & again not out of the ordinary. None of them affect reliability or driveability either. I wish I could've said the same for other cars I've owned. Our BMW required a new cylinder head within 3k miles, & our Audis...well...just needed lots of TLC throughout their lifetimes. If you have an Audi & are not mechanically inclined you will soon be called "broke." You do not own an Audi, you merely support it. ;) That said, I loved my Audis. It was a constant love/hate relationship...kinda like dating a psychotic supermodel. :D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Ah, looks like I made the cut. First Evora was an n/a 2011 (press car with 10K miles) that I bought in 10/2012 but in 4/2013, I traded it in for a new 2011 S.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
863 Posts
I too am in the newbie crowd. MY13 Carbon Grey IPS purchased in October of '13. Hasn't been driven since November though... That's winter for ya. Can't wait for spring!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I also got my white MY12 NA IPS last June :) It's my daily driver and only car. I've put 9000 miles on it already! It was my dream car and an achievement unlocked.

·
Registered
371 Posts
picked up a 2010 Carbon Gray evora locally here in Seattle when it came in on trade at the Lamborghini dealer. just rolled over 12k miles and purchased it 1-27-2014

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I want to be new again but am waiting for insurance money and the right car/price to get back in. Some NEW 2011s just coming into port right now and offering 2 year warranty. 2 dealers I know of are getting 3 of them each. Keep your eyes open in the next few weeks. s/b $57-60.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have quietly been reading so far. haven't had anything to add to the conversation.

I'm finally going to pick up my 2011 Evora S on thursday :) It has a MY11 serial number but all the improvements of the MY12. i'm not sure what to make of it, but i'm definitely not complaining!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am hoping I do not jinx myself ... but my car should be picked up from the dealership on thursday and delivered to me by Monday next week.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Picked up my Carbon Grey N/A 2010 in November and have been lucky enough, thru this crappy winter, to put over 2K miles on it. Cant wait till spring!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Picked up my 2013 NA IPS about a month ago.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Got my 2011 two years ago and have greatly enjoyed it. Way fun and comfortable also. :UK:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Arrived last Saturday. Used but really new 2011 S with 575 miles. Not what I expected after driving an Elise SC since last April. Pleasantly surprised :)

·
Insurance Pro
35 Posts
Paid mine in full today - waiting for mine to come. Won't be my DD though but can't wait. :panic:

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Bought my MY 12 IPS in Sept 2013 with 212 miles on it. I'm at 3750 now and climbing fast.

I had my Elise for 6.5 years and loved it. That was BY FAR the longest i ever held onto a car. I have a feeling the Evora will break that.

Happy Driving!:shift:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts