The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious how many of us there are....................?

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really.....Nobody. Am I the only one that can afford two or the only one that trusts my wife?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'll play!
Mine's the white one. Husband's the orange one. He prefers to lurk the forum, I prefer to post.

@ a past PCA AutoX with some friends.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I've got 3 right now....but my wife refuses to drive them, even though I'd gladly let her drive any one of them :)

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Finally got her one, huh? Will we see you both at next years allies vs axis?

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Outstanding!

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,524 Posts
My wife is not exactly a driving fan, doesn’t drive a manual very well and doesn’t feel the need to learn. The thought of maintaining a car is just another hassle for her and she doesn’t believe in owing cars, just lease them and drive a new car every 2-3 years. While my wife doesn’t share the passion in autos that I do she understands that it is important to me. She has seen my father’s collection of “parts trucks” so she also keeps me from collecting too many vehicles. I do not believe I can convince her that we need two at this point.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I took both of your cars for a joyride to seattle, almost dumped them in the water, but decided to return them to you safely :)
What a mind trip! :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Some day I'll convince my girlfriend to get an Elige. She said she considered it until I got mine. Sounds like she's got her heart set on a CTS-V or BMW Z3 (S54)/Z4 M coupe for now. Which I'm not complaining about either, lol.

Awesome to see so many Lotus couples out there though. Doesn't get any better than that!

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
We've been toying with the idea for a while. We almost pulled the trigger on an Elan the other day. But she is still afraid of the Elise and doesn't drive it very often.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
not Lotus, but his and her italian bikes...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
It's a dream of mine to have a woman who is into cars as much as I am.
That's funny, it's a dream of mine to find a man who is into cars as much as I am. rotfl

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
It's a dream of mine to have a woman who is into cars as much as I am.
Careful, it's a double edged sword.

I met my ex through the car scene. While it's great sharing a hobby it can also be something that can cause arguments. The more passionate you are about something the more likely that a blow up will occur if you start to disagree. Here's a really stupid example: We had a fight over which turbo was going on the MR2 and she was literally mad that I'd pick a quicker spooling setup over one for more power. She'd make me feel guilty every time I got on the freeway knowing that there was more power still left on the table :facepalm

Here are the MR2s:

Anyway, my wife now isn't into cars at all. She drives a dinged up Rav4 and is more than happy with it (won't let me upgrade it). She puts up with the hobby and rolls her eyes at me but doesn't interfere. I think it's better this way :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts