The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say "major" is over $500 so oil changes don't count. Body work or stuff you broke yourself doesn't count either. Just things that went wrong that would be covered by your warranty.

they replaced something that was loose in the front end that cost over $500, warranty covered it.

That's it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
6500 mi.

Instrument cluster replaced twice in 1 week due to stubborn sticky tach not resetting. $900 each? Under warranty.
Passenger window put back on-track upon purchase.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
36,200 miles.

Not one major problem.

A few small little things but not really anything of any concern. Weak AC, leaking trunk, trim parts, engine start button light. I would not count maint., tires, brakes, etc as a problem

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Just under 10K miles.

Nothing repaired under warranty that exceeded $500.

However, I asked about tightening of the loose screw holding the grill in front of the oil cooler... it would be 6 hrs labor ==> over $600. I decided to defer that fix in case something important needs to be fixed under the front clam during the warranty period.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

During the year of throwing the 1302 code and having the "stutter" while the ac was on, they replaced the throttle body, coils, reflashed the ecu twice, finally fixed the relay with the diode, replace the 2nd cam, and third rocker arm (I haven't track it, but I drive "enthusiastically" :D) and the radiator.

Minor probs: Adjusted the windows b/c they leaked, they still do but not as bad as they used to.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
26,600 miles, oil changes and tires... The normal shifter recall and headlight rings, but otherwise nothing else (knocking on wood like crazy as the warranty is gone!)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have an '07 Exige S. At about 5400 miles, the left turn signal broke at the lower tab. I found this when I was washing the car. A little foam tape and the lens was set so that it couldn't move.

When I took it in they fixed it, but did not replace the unit. While the tech was working on it he found a coolant leak and said he would need to check the hoses. It turned out they had to replace the radiator. As it was a small leak, I was able to keep driving the car while we waited for the parts. Later that day I hit a bump in the road and the lower tab broke off completely, leaving a 1" long hole that could be seen by looking through the lens. It was also weird to suddenly see the signal pop up as I went down the road. (No damage to the paint. :clap: ) I put a strip of scotch tape on both sides and you couldn't tell it was broken unless you looked for it. I went back to the dealer and they ordered a new lens.

About a week later they called and said they had the parts. They also had to order metal clips for the turn signals. The order didn't come and they had to reorder the parts again and have them shipped overnight. The wait for the parts and repair was about 10 days total.

I went to see the car without the front clam and looked at the work they were doing. Everything was done perfectly!

I'm not sure of the total cost, but I'm sure it wasn't cheap. They even gave me a Jaguar to drive both times. I don't know what that cost them, but Overseas Motors picked up the tab for the rental.

No other problems and I'm at almost 9000 miles.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have an '05, only 7700 miles and no problems! No warranty repairs, nothing broke.:)

Everything works as it should, even the A/C blows really cold. :nanner:

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
90 Posts
Let's say "major" is over $500 so oil changes don't count. Body work or stuff you broke yourself doesn't count either. Just things that went wrong that would be covered by your warranty.

they replaced something that was loose in the front end that cost over $500, warranty covered it.

That's it.
07 Elise. Instrument cluster replaced at 1100 miles. Tachometer would not reset. Under warranty. No other problems.

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
OH

MY

GOD

Here we go....

2006 Elise

Here's what was replaced under warranty at Lotus of Atlanta when I took the car in for it's 7,500 mile check-up. (We bought the car with 7,800 miles on it in March)

Third gear shift grinds: Synchronizers shot: NEW TRANSMISSION (warranty)

Neither window would seal properly against the soft top: Window adjustment (warranty)

Rattle in exhaust system: LOA noticed it, not me: NEW EXHAUST (warranty)

Speedometer read 10MPH SLOW: Replace instrument cluster (warranty)

Plus a number of wear and tear items, like rear tires (duh!) and the soft top coming apart on drivers' side.

By the way, regardless of what you have read, I found the staff at Lotus of Atlanta to be FANTASTIC, especially Fabio Ruiz the service manager. The dealership went to EXTRAORDINARY lengths to accomodate me. They earned a customer.

·
Registered
786 Posts
15,000 miles, and no major repairs.

Only a few minor issues, all repaired under warranty.

flying left turn signal light
left headlight bulb
window rattle
stranded tach wouldn't reset

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
My 2003 111S has just done 16,000kms (10,000m).

No warranty repairs - no issues. Biggest cost so far has been the scheduled timing belt replacement (which is VERY complicated in a VVC rover engine)!

·
Registered
440 Posts
alright... I will play.
just hit 900 miles S240

1. passenger side turn signal was out whenI picked up the car at 7 miles on - warranty
2. paint chip above the left turn signal - noticed while washing the car the day after pick up... :panic: (not a mechanical problem but WTF...)
3. FUEL LEAK on highway @ >400miles -warranty :eek: (dealer told me a bolt holding the fuel line got loose...:huh:)
4. Clutch pedal making a weird sound like spring compressing...
5. 3rd gear grinds sometimes... possible synchro problem?... sigh....

Going to the dealer for 1000miles service next week... hope HRM takes good care of her... :(

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Very early 06 at 36k miles.

- 5 oil leaks including 1 major one that required a flatbed trip to the dealer

- fan control module replaced

- ECU replaced

- 2 separate breaks in the Wiring harness which required flatbed dealer trips (the first one required replacement of the cat and the O2 sensor, second was just a harness replacement)

- replaced seat rails twice

- fuel filler neck replaced (flap jammed open)

- headlight trim rings

so far everything has been under warranty but the next one is going to be expensive.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts