The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my spyder so I'm getting really close to pulling the trigger on an elise. One of the 1st things I'd like to do (among many) are to get some vinyl stripes, but I'd like to get some ideas... so if, you've got stripes post em here! (CO w/ stripes would be great)

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I guess that means it's time I take mine off my camera. I made these and put them on in the middle of the night last weekend. Matte black on chrome orange, with replacement brushed aluminum Lotus on rear.
You can find a few other examples on my website, (in signature) although I have several more that will be going on, on the next update.

Attachments

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
You want to stripe my car when you're out here? I gotta make you work, right? ;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Our stripe is painted.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:crazyeyes wow, lucky you!

and for those with stripes and star shield, have you just done the vinyl over top of the ss? if so, is it really noticeable?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
:crazyeyes wow, lucky you!

and for those with stripes and star shield, have you just done the vinyl over top of the ss? if so, is it really noticeable?
You see the edge on the starshield the same as you see it now. It's not bad.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Splitter came after the Mario shot. The track shot is Easter Sunday 2007 at Laguna Seca and an instructor spun our car in turn 9 showing my wife some lines. She drives in the advanced group, BTW. He got a little carried away and a 'Vette slammed our Elise crushing rear left suspension and bodywork. The shop was repairing it and when they were almost done, applying the new StarShield, I said 'put a piece over Mario Andretti's autograph, would you?' Response was '0h sh$%&. Is that what that was?' They had rubbed it our - not even near the damaged area (center of rear deck).

He resigned it last week. Our stripes are painted OVER the starshield, no problems at all and looks great even very close.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts