The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 1519 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I searched LT to see if anyone started a dedicated thread to post their TRACK videos.
I didn't find one, so I'm hoping this turns into a ONE STOP THREAD similar to the "post a picture of your Lotus next to regular cars" thread. So, if you have track footage please start sharing. As an intermediate driver, I'm always looking for video footage to help improve my skills.
Who's going to start the show?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O.K. That's a good start. Thank you, sir.
Now it's time for you track rats to start posting your videos. DON'T BE LAZY, you know you have them and this thread is where they belong:)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Here's a video I took a couple weeks ago at Watkins Glen, it's only a couple of warm up/shake down laps after the rebuild I did this year, unfortunately I didn't roll the camera during the session that i was giving her some stick..:wallbang:

[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttime4four, I just watched one of your track videos. I'm not sure I've ever seen that rear facing view into the cockpit before. Where is that mounted? To the passenger side headlight housing? Looks like a tight fit for the two of you. Lol. The passenger is holding the door with his LEFT arm. Funny.

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mikelr, I'm not able to view. I'm using my AutoGuide app on my antiquated iPhone 3Gs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm not sure I've ever seen that rear facing view into the cockpit before. Where is that mounted? To the passenger side headlight housing? Looks like a tight fit for the two of you. Lol. The passenger is holding the door with his LEFT arm. Funny.
It's mounted on the fender just rearward of the headlight. Definitely a tight fit in the cockpit for two full sized adults.

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In my original post..:clap:
Just watched the first video on the big screen. Sounds great. For a second, I thought you were crashing a 944 party. Lol. Gotta love track videos, if I didn't have to work, I'd watch them all day long. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'll post my video from NHMS. It was my first time on the track in the Elise. Came from a supercharged miata, and was uncomfortable in the rain. Have been to the track since and I have a lot more confidence and feel for the car. Video was taken from friends 64 Vette and his grandson in the stands. Not very fast, but I love the sound of my Larini exhaust as I pass the Vette.

http://youtu.be/X6AUuprxi5M

Ugh.........Well, seems to be working in Safari, but not in the AutoGuide app. Hmmm

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Not my fastest ever but my coolest video. This is at High Plains Raceway in Byers, CO. My 2006 Exige on R888s

Nose camera is a Contour, Original wide angle Hero at my feet and a Chasecam SD for the interior. Data from my Traqmate overlayed with RaceRender and TraqDash.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Here's my GoPro vids

·
Registered
846 Posts
all vids are AIM evo4 with smartycam.

Trashing an elise gearbox at Portland International few years back:

EP Sequential/Geartronics tuning at Pacific Raceways last week:

ECU goes wonkey at PIR this year:

Stupidest thing you can do with an elise (take it to the go cart track)

Pacific Raceways 3b spin and slow motion...

1 - 20 of 1519 Posts