The Lotus Cars Community banner

1461 - 1480 of 1518 Posts

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I went to Oregon Raceway Park a week ago for the very first time.
What a fun track!
Unfortunately the iphone camera had some issues with the contrast, but that track has so many blind corners and crests, you don't see much of where you are going anyway.
Temperatures were freezing in the morning and mid 40' during the day, and I was on 4 year old AD08Rs.
Definitely a very challenging track and I'll need a few more days of practice to get it right

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
An oldie but goodie ....

Ran across some old video from back in 2013 when we ran the "full" track at Spring Mountain ..... 6.1 miles less a few tenths. :wink2:

We don't run the current full track very often.

Given that the track owner is planning to increase the track length by another 8 plus miles, thought I better post this video up before it becomes a video of the "short" track. :D A photo of the preliminary rendition of the new proposed track additions is below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Ran across some old video from back in 2013 when we ran the "full" track at Spring Mountain ..... 6.1 miles less a few tenths. :wink2:

We don't run the current full track very often.

Given that the track owner is planning to increase the track length by another 8 plus miles, thought I better post this video up before it becomes a video of the "short" track. :D A photo of the preliminary rendition of the new proposed track additions is below.
Jack,

How did you not get lost? Especially for somebody at your age! :wink2:

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow! Beautiful lap. I've done a million laps at that track and best I've ever managed in that configuration was 2:03 and change. Great driving. Out of curiosity, what kind of tires are you on?
Thanks! There is a sub 2:00 out there in the right conditions (cool air temps, warming track surface).

Bridgestone RE71R
205/50/15 front on 15x8
245/40/17 rear on 17x9

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Back on track after 9 months... and warming up for my first race weekend in about 4 years. Also, the first "field test" for my data overlay software... it worked perfectly all weekend.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Here is the new track record for TT2 for COTA that I set yesterday. You will notice that I didn't even have 3rd gear!

I was gunning for 2:22 or better, but I will settle for this and I hope I can improve in September if its not too hot. Currently the car is ~ 40 lb overweight so there is some improvement there. I am hoping I can find a way to add some HP and flatten the peak power a bit before fall, but we will see.

Sorry it's not the best video, I have my phone up for the predictive lap timer, so I take video too, I need to get a real aim camera on the rollbar

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Posting this primarily as motivation. In 2018 I only made it to a track a couple of times. I am getting very rusty and I plan on practicing left foot braking going forward which has a learning curve. This video is a collection of my best lap times at the track I frequent the most.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Road America

This year's road trip was to Road America for a day of lapping with North Woods Shelby Club. I left the house Wednesday morning at 6, spent a night near Omaha, Thursday drove to RA. Lapped on Friday, drove back to Omaha Saturday and back to Denver on Sunday. Yup, I'm a mental defective.

Here's a lap from my last session. Not my best time, but I think it's a better lap.

If you want to read about the whole trip, here are the blog posts:
Road America Blitz - There and Back
Road America Blitz - North Woods Shelby Club

·
Registered
75 Posts
Last Friday at The Ridge Motorsports Park 1.56.89 Stock '05 Elise + R888Rs. New lap timing setup with predictive display helped me take a second off my previous best.

·
Addict
1,278 Posts
A few laps around Pueblo Motorsports Park, open track day with only a handful of cars. The first day this season my electrical issues didn't occur. The video syncing and data overlay are a bit out of sync, I need to find a better solution for data next year.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Here are three laps around Aspen Motorsports Park, otherwise known as Woody Creek. This is my second visit; the first visit ended after three and a half laps due to mechanical failure. No failures this time. It's short, narrow, and bumpy. No passing was allowed. We were to come into the pits and get a gap if we caught somebody, but for the most part the slower cars were the ones going into the pits.

The whole story is here: Return to Woody Creek

·
Registered
377 Posts

Last Sunday at Atlanta Motorsports Park. Last run of the day and even with the heat (85ish) I had my best time in trying to keep up with the Thunder Roadster. First time that I tried the Apex Pro driving aid.

1461 - 1480 of 1518 Posts