The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be odd. Or not depending on how good you think the Elise looks but... I was searching for a poster to stick on the garage wall to give me something to look at while I wait but believe it or not they're hard to find. It seems most places online don't even know what a Lotus is or only have pics of the Esprit. Anyone know of a store I can order a poster from?

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Crash,

I suggest going thru the ETalk image gallery (especially some of the fine photos for the Club111 calendar) and find one you like and contact the poster and ask for a hi-res copy of the image. Then take the image to your nearest Kinkos and have them print it for you poster size.

It will save you lots of searching and you can customize the pix in PShop before getting it printed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Poster sized - anything shot with a 35mm or digital camera short of a scanning back is going to look like ****.

I've a 4X5 view camera if anyone has an elise I can point it at somewhere pretty.

To put it in perspective - the 4X5 negative is 20 times larger than a 35mm negative - and will give amazing detail even at poster sized final print dimensions.

* I should point out I'm a photo freak and my "looks like ****" may not be like your "looks like ****". Also lightjet prints in huge sizes are not cheap - and are more suitable for fine art framing than poster type output - course if you want a nice framed photograph of an elise for the front room - it's just the ticket :)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
uncle_git said:
Poster sized - anything shot with a 35mm or digital camera short of a scanning back is going to look like ****.

I've a 4X5 view camera if anyone has an elise I can point it at somewhere pretty.

To put it in perspective - the 4X5 negative is 20 times larger than a 35mm negative - and will give amazing detail even at poster sized final print dimensions.

* I should point out I'm a photo freak and my "looks like ****" may not be like your "looks like ****". Also lightjet prints in huge sizes are not cheap - and are more suitable for fine art framing than poster output. - course if you want a nice framed photograph of an elise for the front room - it's just the ticket :)

I'd be happy to let you take some poster size pics of my car :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I guess I need to scout some sites for a shoot then.

And figure out how to get Elise and myself to said site around sunset or sunrise...

Just as a point of reference - here are some prices for lightjet prints from 4X5 negatives from my local lab I use....
http://www.chromacolor.com/rprint.html

Size 1 2-9
16x20 $28.89 $21.67
20x30 $54.17 $40.63
30x40 $108.33 $81.25

Like I said not cheap - but crash can vouch for the quality of the output - he has one of my prints in his house that was done from a 35mm negative - 4X5 quality is substnatially superior.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Let us know how it turns out. I'd love a poster of the Elise (particularly if it's not CO or Yellow).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts