The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, Im a way new guy here and have been trying to post in some threads. I keep getting a "admin must authorize your post" message but nothing ever gets authorized. How do I reach an admin about this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to pile on but I'm having the same issues. I originally tried to post 2 weeks ago, and just tried again today. Do all posts have to be approved? Can someone approve mine?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks, Ed!

Do all posts need to wait to be approved? I just tried to post again, and I still see the "waiting for approval" time messages.

·
Administrator
1,405 Posts
Now that you are past 5 posts, you should be in the clear. First 5 posts get scanned by our Spam Prevention tool, and anything it thinks of as "iffy" gets held for manual approval. Once past 5 posts, you are no longer scanned.

Kevin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its a terrible system for new users. I get the need to reduce spammers, but this is ridiculous. I cant post instantly until I achieve five posts and yet only one of my previous (legitimate) posts are getting approved. It feels pointless to post at all.

·
Administrator
1,405 Posts
It's not a perfect system, but it does much more good then harm. For every one user like yourself who gets caught up in it, there are a lot more actual bot accounts that get blocked outright from making it onto the forum. You now have the sufficient post count to be out of range.

Kevin

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm having the same issues, too. Have tried several posts on the Evora thread that might help Southern Arizona residents and also tried a new member introduction. I sent in a note asking for help if maybe I was doing something wrong. No answer and still no posts showing up.

·
Not a Robot
57 Posts
Seems like I lost the ability to post and PM today. Did I do a no-no? Forum time-out? Thanks!

·
Not a Robot
57 Posts
@Administrator

Looks like I can post in the market place, but no where else. My previous reply on this thread required administrator approval. I thought I hit my post count requirement...little help here :)

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.