The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I parked illegally (doh!), it was a great surprise waking up this morning and thinking "DUDE, Wheres my car?" (Don't worry I didn't really have that exact thought). Anyway, I've looked over the cosmetics and the tow job appears to have been very professional from that aspect. Mechanically, what should I be looking for is my question now...

Alternatively, anyone in the Houston area with a head full of gears and free time to help me wander around my car? I'll bring the beer :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh it's a 2005 Elise if that makes a difference. The parking brake was on and I park in neutral.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Oh it's a 2005 Elise if that makes a difference. The parking brake was on and I park in neutral.
Do you know how it was towed. Was it pulled up onto a flatbed, or was it one of those trucks where they can put arms under your rear wheels and lift? I''m guessing that if the pb was on, that's how it was done. You might get by easy if that's the case.

If it was put on a flatbed, odds are it was tied down with chains or cables over your suspension. That's not odd, a chance that your suspension could have been bent. Ideally the chains/cables go through the wheels. Wheels can be damaged but that's a lesser evil than bent suspension components.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry can't help, but that really sucks! I'm so paranoid about parking on the street here in Houston... sit on front porch drinking a beer and watch the wreckers go by every few minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts