• Keep e90 335i

Votes: 17 58.6%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I have a 2008 e90 335i completely aftermarket and am wondering if I should sell it and get an Exige. There is a 2006 Exige at a Symbolic dealership near me that's new, and i can upgrade it with the factory supercharger coming out soon. I'll get pix of it soon. Maybe i'll get a used one though so i don't know what to do.
I'll add pix of my current car, but i want feedback if i should switch.
Thanks,
Izzy

Attachments

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
You're really talking about two totally different cars, and because of that, no one here can advise you one way or the other. It all depends on how you're going to use the car, and if you can put up with it/appreciate it in that capacity.

Drive one for a few hours, live with it so to speak. <---my recommendation

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
damn that's a nice e90! You have the blackline taillights on there too? I'd keep it. Exige is totally different car.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Why not get the exige? i dont understand why u aren't all lobbying for the Exige, lol
The majority of people here don't have their Lotus to put ballin' rizzayz on them, nor to add flashy carbon-fiber bits(Unless for weightloss goals, or parts that provide more downforce and/or less drag), or body kits.

I'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful who have done aesthetic modifications which weren't done primarily for the aspect of using the car on the track. They're out there, but the Elise/Exige aren't quite the "cruise" car in the same manner an e90 might be.

So I think people are voting "NO" because your car is the exact opposite of the ideas behind Lotus, and you'd be losing alot (ALOT) of the comfort of the e90.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I want a car that's high performance. I wouldn't mod it beyond a supercharger. Here is the car i'm looking at: Thank You to Izzy @ IzzyAutoDesign - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com...
I wouldn't do anything to it aesthetically besides an ipod connector lol.
It'd be a DD though
The Elise/Exige is not "high performance" in the straight line sense.

If you're gonna argue with people, after asking if you should get one, then just get one and delete the thread.

Our opinion obviously doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I voted e90. If you want a DD get an Elise. =) Even so though, not great as an only car, so keep the e90. Maybe get both. Certainly take some extended test drives in the Exige to see if it fits what you're looking for (track savvy car that's not built for comfort and excels over 100mph).

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you are planning on supercharging an Exige, you should really just buy one with a supercharger already installed OEM. That being said, I just voted to keep the BMW.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm not a big fan of BMWs, but Izzy your 335 looks amazing. Love the rims. If it was white with those black rims it would have looked even better.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Judging by your current car, I dont think the exige would be right for you, unless you are looking for the polar opposite. The only common trait they share is attention grabbing. That being said, if you know you want SC, I would probably go for a car that is already boosted from the factory. There are many reasonably priced ones for sale here...

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
that 335i is NICE!!!! I say keep it.

If you really want a Exige S, save your money and buy one as a second car...have best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Based on your current car, you might not like the Exige after a few weeks of ownership...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know why it seems like on these forums you get crap when your a noob XD haha it's funny to me, it seems consistent throughout the forums.
The purpose is to get out of the payments for my car, it'd be much cheaper to finance this than my car, here is the car i'm looking at:
Details of Used 2008 Lotus Exige S, Beverly Hills, CA - Yahoo! Autos
I think it's much smarter to get than a new 2006

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
No one gave you crap....you asked for our .2 and we gave it to you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts