The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, actually it wasn't a pothole. it was a whole section of street that had been cut out (apparently to be repaired soon). The section was pretty much the entire width of the street, so I couldn't avoid it. As my rear wheels took the probably 1.5" sharp dropoff, I felt a teeth rattling pop from the rear. I kept driving, expecting that my car was about to fall into pieces, but everything seemed okay.

Went out for closer reexamination today and found that the event had really jacked up my exhaust. The left tip was really banged up and the right tip had completely separated itself from the exhaust! It was just dangling off, but the diffuser and the angle of the tip had prevented it from being lost for good. I went and had it spot-welded back on this afternoon just for the time being.

Well, this gives me a good excuse for ordering the Quicksilver, right? :crazyeyes

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TTP said:
Yikes sorry to hear that. Is the wheel ok? Where was this so I can avoid this street?
Red River across from the stadium in the right Northbound lane

·
Registered
714 Posts
They did that to a street that I usually take to work. It was a 1-2 inch drop all the way across the street, and then it went back up again in a few feet. The first time I went over it when it was dark, and I was very worried that I could have damaged a tire. Fortunately, I didn't see any damage. I had to avoid that road for a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I would file a complaint with the state highway department requesting a check for repairs.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
atyclb said:
think they'll spring for the Quicksilver? :D
They should spring for a new stock exhaust. Which is cheaper? :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I revisted the scene today and it was worse than I had thought--it is a huge hole, probably a 3 inch straight dropoff

TTP--it's actually right next to the bubble, a little north of the stadium

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Could have been worse - could have been a rear end collision (old pic but any feeble excuse to repost) LOL :D

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
wasn't that the 4 lane road in Florida that sank?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
atyclb said:
finally got a pic--looks bigger in person than this pic shows though
Looks like things really are bigger in Texas...:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts