The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I would really like to start taking my Evora S out of hibernation. However, being in New York (not NYC), the potholes are crazy. My Mom, bro and sister in law all had blow outs. In my daily driver, so far, I've been lucky. Then again, I have kevlar on my tires. The Evora S, as you know, have soft expensive tires, with no kevlar (protection, at least some). When do you guys think the road crews will start fixing those damn potholes? The Thruway is a disaster. I love my truck, but would like to take my Evora S out to play.

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Try waiting for spring like the rest of us northern types. I don't intend to pull Evora out till April

·
Registered
676 Posts
I know i feel the same way. It would suck if the weather started to get warm and not to be able to bring the elise out!

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
Regardless of tire belts, the side walls are very short and stiff, most probable outcome of a pothole strike is not just a flat but a bent wheel and 2 or 3k bill.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Oh man, the other day I was going uphill and at night and there was one nice rectangular pothole, I didn't see it. It was a horrible feeling. This was maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I directly checked it out to see if my rims got hurt but nothing. The car feels ok as well, no noises, not steering issues, no crack bumper. However soon I will be having my exhaust installed, I will ask my mechanic to make sure everything looks fine.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I live in upstate NY(syracuse) this winter is brutal and its even worse for me as I have just bought an Exige s240 and its looking at me everyday in my heated garage. I have washed waxed sealed x2 my white car is glowing like the moon! I just want to drive for god sakes!

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
I would say move to Texas, land of high octane, low taxes, business supportive gov, open roads, 75 mph speed limits .. but we seem to have ice storms every other day, it is March, should be using the pool in a few days, but not this year.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Don't move to Florida. We've got enough people as it is. :(

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
We always have room for intelligent people down here! We have enough Maroons!

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
Clear sky and 80 here I'm Texas today

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Shamefully, Bugs does not drive an Evora.

:mad:
Whatta maroon! He should get a Lotus!

One word Bugs got right was "Nimrod", though he used it sarcastically. His use of it has given rise its misuse now for generations. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
273 Posts
As suggested, you could move elsewhere, like Texas, like I did. But trust me on this one point, you could just about drive your Lotus year round with pauses for ice storms however you would long for the types of roads the Lotus was made for. Like the Taconic Parkway, or Rt9 up the east side of the Hudson, or any road in Orange County. That is the only thing I dont care much for this part of Texas. Most uninteresting roads in N Dallas area. I dont miss the NY taxes, politics, politicians, cost of living, congestion, shoveling snow or the biting cold when standing on the subway platform at -10 windchill waiting for the A train out of Far Rockaway while turning blue. Oh but I do miss the roads of the LoHud Valley in summer and fall.
If there is a Lotus worthy road in this area, I aint found it yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts