The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching some 24 hour race this weekend( it was on in the background) and one of the drivers was wrecked or taken out of the race, Im not sure of the details because I wasnt paying close attention. What I gathered is that another driver caused the wreck.
It was on SPEED channel and the SPEED interview woman put the mic in the drivers face while he stood in the pits and asked him "what happened" and the driver said " such and such ( the other drivers name) is a F*cking C*nt and drives like a bitch !" The lady just stood there stunned and then said...back to you Ric. LOL, then the guys in the booth apologized for live TV. Did anyone see that?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Missed, that bit, I think the womans' name is Amanda doing the pit interviewing, some great coverage I thought
Chris

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Yes- that was the 24 hours of Le Man. I can see why the guy was pissed but it honestly wasn't the other guys fault.

If I remember right it was at night:

Guy A (Corvette I think) blew a tired and spun to the right and went off the course kicking up TONS of dust/dirt and then his car settled just barely on the track - little or no damage to the car except for the wheel. Guy B was behind Guy A and ended up clipping the tail of A's car. Not bad but enough to take him out of the race for a few repairs.

Again, not quite sure if that was the same accident but it happened about that time.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having done live TV and radio I'll tell you that someone doing that to you is THE biggest fear of all. Of course there's nothing you can do about it, but I bet she was close to wetting her pants when that came out of his mouth. lol :huh:

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Re: Re: Potty Mouth on SPEED channel?

Lotus Fury said:
Yes- that was the 24 hours of Le Man. I can see why the guy was pissed but it honestly wasn't the other guys fault.

If I remember right it was at night:

Guy A (Corvette I think) blew a tired and spun to the right and went off the course kicking up TONS of dust/dirt and then his car settled just barely on the track - little or no damage to the car except for the wheel. Guy B was behind Guy A and ended up clipping the tail of A's car. Not bad but enough to take him out of the race for a few repairs.

Again, not quite sure if that was the same accident but it happened about that time.
That Corvette was doing 180 down the Mulsanne Straight when he got a puncture- I think it was the same driver who understeered into the tires on a hairpin about 2 hours into the race.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
an example,

A friend of mine ( can be a real jackass) has the top rated FM radio show in the city. Louisville is actually market 16 which isnt too shabby, and the market is very competative.

One morning he had a guy call in saying he wanted to propose on the air. This was before on air marriage proposals were popular. My friend, "Peter B", decided to go with it on the fly, LIVE.

The guy had given some sad story how he and his fiancee had been through so much and yada yada and how this would be so special yada yada. Pete put the guy live on the air when normally we would tape such a bit and play it back later. The guy told his story on the air too, it sounded quite convincing. The whole morning show from 6am till 10am was dedicated to this proposal and the crescendo to the actual proposal live on air. The guy went on and on about his fiancee and their soon to be life together then, without notice, the guy screams HOWARD STERN ROCKS AND PETER B SUCKS!!!

I about died and Im sure he did too. LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts