The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hopefully picking up my first Elise tomorrow. The first thing I'm going to do is powder coat the wheels and rear diffuser. What seems to be the most common finish... flat/satin/semi/gloss? What is the finish on the wheels included with the factory "black package"?

The car I'm hopefully getting is ardent red, in case anyone wants to share their opinion on what may look best. I'm thinking satin would be the ticket. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I would say that the most common finish for tracked cars is flat/satin black, for obvious reasons, but dark bronze would probably match the brake-dust better...haha.

I'm not too much on powder coating, but Diamond Black Clear (a BBS color) would look smokin' on AR. It's like silver with clear black painted over the top (not actually, but that's what it looks like). The reflections that this color produces are second to none, period. Here's a pic of my old STi with this color wheel, just imagine it on red...WOW.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea and the pic. That looks great on your STi.

If anyone else has pics they'd like to share of their powder coated wheels, please post them and the finish you chose.

·
Registered
22 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts