The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations for places that do powder coating?

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
There is a place in Edgewood, MD where we send A LOT of stuff for coatings for work. The name is Automated Coatings, Inc. 410-671-7383. So far, from what I've seen, they do excellent work. They can do electroplating, plating, polishing, anodizing, painting, Mil Spec Coating (CARC, etc.), and powder coating.

I'm hoping to have them powder coat my diffuser this week. I'll post some before and afters with a quick review of their work, if you'd like.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm having trouble finding a company in MD that will powder coat wheels, Automated Coatings responded:

My company is comprised mainly of government contracts. Additionally, I have an automated powder line and the start up costs alone would be prohibitive to run only 4 wheels. Good luck in your search."
Anyone have other ideas?

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
773 Posts
J/K... Couldn't resist posting a silly picture, is all. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had my dad looking into this as well... He lives there still... Here (in GA) it is about $100 a wheel... Looking for a cheaper option... If he finds something, i'll let you know...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks. If I can find $100 per wheel here I'll be happy. So far I can't find anyone that does wheels at all.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Emailed them about doing my diffuser and bolts. Hmm, might have to do the motorbike wheels as well! (it's almost time for new tires anyway...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts