The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am taking my LSS wheels to be powder coated (low-heat) this week. I need to decide if I want them Matte or Gloss. Does anyone have any pics of their wheels like this? It is going to be on an '05 Ardent Red Elise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am taking my LSS wheels to be powder coated (low-heat) this week. I need to decide if I want them Matte or Gloss. Does anyone have any pics of their wheels like this? It is going to be on an '05 Ardent Red Elise.

Thanks!
What is your cost you were quoted to do this? I am thinking about doing this to mine as well but I have no sensation as to what to expect to pay.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Matte finish will be a nightmare to keep clean...
No, not necessarily. I had my base wheels powdercoated a matte dark grey. they actually have a fine texture to them similar to old school cast magnesium wheels. Because the powdercoat is so chemical resisitant, brake dust and dirt just flushes right off with no real issues. They are actually EASIER to clean then when they were Lotus stock finished.

OP... If you search under Sixeven you will find a set of photos of my wheels in their powdercoated glory.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is your cost you were quoted to do this? I am thinking about doing this to mine as well but I have no sensation as to what to expect to pay.
$60 a wheel, Just about the same price as the new center caps lol. The grey looks very sharp!

·
Registered
310 Posts
At 60 bucks a wheel I am doing this for sure. I recently bought a new silver set of wheels so going to a gun metal grey or black will be the plan for my old set. The finish on mine is hammered! No scratches or nicks just looks like the silver is fading and they have become very dull looking.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts

Thanks!
I hope you're not power coating the anodized wheels from the early LSS '05s! That would be a sin!!!

If that's the case, sell them to someone who will appreciate them. Just don't destroy them by power coating them. You can swap them for the late '05-on LSS wheels and be money ahead.

Just my 2 cents...

Kiyoshi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts