The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 06 elise, but the power door locks will not lock, both from the fob alarm transmitter and from the button in front of the shifter inside the car. If you manually push down each lock, however it will unlock both from the fob transmitter and from the button by the shifter. Please help. The closest dealership is 4 hours away and I don't want to have to go all the way down there just for them to check it, if it could possibly be a quck fix, like resetting the system or something. thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I have the same problem. I just use the key to lock the doors. I dont know what the problem is, but it seems jammed.

:panic:

·
Registered
99 Posts
My Dad's car had this problem but opposite. Would lock but not unlock. Turned out to be the Central Locking Unit or the name is for the control of the system. Had to get it replaced.
My car did the same thing. I took it to the dealer today and they replaced the central locking module and now the fobs don't do anything. They said that the radio transmitter needs to be replaced. I hope this gets fixed.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
My car did the same thing. I took it to the dealer today and they replaced the central locking module and now the fobs don't do anything. They said that the radio transmitter needs to be replaced. I hope this gets fixed.
Sounds like you went to Dimmitt!

·
Registered
142 Posts
My car does the same thing, how much is $ a central locking module and where is it located in the car.
I need help.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
they replaced the central locking module and now the fobs don't do anything.
I would expect that the fobs/alarm needs to be re-programmed. I'd try a re-program (or at least a re-synch) before replacing anything else on the car.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
first make sure the interior light is in the down position. If not the locks and alarm go all wacky and don't work right. Had this problem once and that's all it was.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I just bought an 06 elise, but the power door locks will not lock, both from the fob alarm transmitter and from the button in front of the shifter inside the car. If you manually push down each lock, however it will unlock both from the fob transmitter and from the button by the shifter. Please help. The closest dealership is 4 hours away and I don't want to have to go all the way down there just for them to check it, if it could possibly be a quck fix, like resetting the system or something. thanks for any help
This is your car letting you know that you're not done driving yet...

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
If as in post#1, it won't lock from either the remote or central switch on console, but will unlock, it sounds like a CDL module problem. I believe the CDL module is located under the top dash facia on the scuttle beam, drivers side.

·
Registered
142 Posts
And yes I did re-synch the alarm holding both buttons down and the light is in the down position. I can push ether the drivers side and passenger side down to lock and then I can unlock both doors with ether the fob or the interior switch it ill not lock by using the inside button or the fob. The alarm works find it will go off after pressing the fob (door will not lock) so if you open the door or reach inside it sounds.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
It's has to be the "lock" output in the CDL module that is defective.
Michael

And yes I did re-synch the alarm holding both buttons down and the light is in the down position. I can push ether the drivers side and passenger side down to lock and then I can unlock both doors with ether the fob or the interior switch it ill not lock by using the inside button or the fob. The alarm works find it will go off after pressing the fob (door will not lock) so if you open the door or reach inside it sounds.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks you I will find the CDL and see if a wire came lose if no lose wire I will remove and get a new one from the dealer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts