The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'd like some advice on the best way to power a window mounted dash cam for my Evora. I figure someone out there has already done it.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Hi,
I'd like some advice on the best way to power a window mounted dash cam for my Evora. I figure someone out there has already done it.
You can use a fuse tap in the passenger footwell and run a line up the A pillar to the headliner, over to the center of the windshield. There's also a ground point in the footwell too. This is what I did to power my V1.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have been a bit more specific. I want to make sure it's powered when the ignition is off (parking lot situation). A different solution? A specific fuse to tap?

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
Then I would tap into a fuse that stays constant hot but would not be that big of an issue if it pops.

I don't know how much your camera pulls but perhaps use something like the footwell lamps fuse (C14). Note that it is only a 3A though.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Use an add a fuse, and connect to the rear fusebox r16, boot power socket which always has power, then run under the side sill cover and up the pillar.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts

·
Premium Member
Caterham Superlite R Evora 400
217 Posts
Is there a constant power output from the front fuse block?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have had my 2021 lotus for a couple months now and I have not found a front 12 volt power point.
could someone take a picture of where it is.?

·
Administrator
5,919 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
I think that's for the S1s. The S2s have different fuse arrangements:

Front:

Rear:

Is there a constant power output from the front fuse block?
I have had my 2021 lotus for a couple months now and I have not found a front 12 volt power point.
could someone take a picture of where it is.?
Pick any of the circuits where the Supply Type is listed as Battery if you want a constant 12V.

·
Administrator
5,919 Posts

·
Premium Member
Caterham Superlite R Evora 400
217 Posts
Sorry but I don't see 41-52 on the block
What am I missing here did the fuse block change and add these for the 400?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Sorry but I don't see 41-52 on the block
What am I missing here did the fuse block change and add these for the 400?
That's the fuse block diagram from the S1s. If you haven't already, I'd suggest getting the complete service notes for the 400 from VSIC (from section MH.1):

41-52 are the spares located above the relays, and also the horizontal fuses between C21 through C40.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You can use a fuse tap in the passenger footwell and run a line up the A pillar to the headliner, over to the center of the windshield. There's also a ground point in the footwell too. This is what I did to power my V1.
This worked for me too for running both my radar detector and front/rear camera. Easy access behind the carpet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts