The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k. so this morning I was driving my 06 elise and when I got to my destination, I got locked inside my car. I locked the car when I got in it before I left using the lock button on the center console by the handbrake. When I got to where I was going, I tried to unlock it with that same button and it would not unlock. I then tried to use my key fob and that would not work either. I also tried to manually pull the lock up on the door to try and unlock it that way and it would not work. So I ended up having to roll the window down,take off the drivers side of the soft top off from the inside of the car, and then stand on my seat and climb over the door very carefully so I would not put weight on the door or scratch it. So now my car remains locked. Has any one experienced this? I bought the extended warranty from the Lotus dealer so hopefully this will be covered.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Check fuse F22 or it could be the CDL module.
Michael
O.k. so this morning I was driving my 06 elise and when I got to my destination, I got locked inside my car. I locked the car when I got in it before I left using the lock button on the center console by the handbrake. When I got to where I was going, I tried to unlock it with that same button and it would not unlock. I then tried to use my key fob and that would not work either. I also tried to manually pull the lock up on the door to try and unlock it that way and it would not work. So I ended up having to roll the window down,take off the drivers side of the soft top off from the inside of the car, and then stand on my seat and climb over the door very carefully so I would not put weight on the door or scratch it. So now my car remains locked. Has any one experienced this? I bought the extended warranty from the Lotus dealer so hopefully this will be covered.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The closest I have experienced is the doors locking and unlocking as I hit bumps or shifted into 1, 3 or 6. The next time I had the console out I gave the connector on the door lock switch a little love jiggle and made sure the wires were routed so they were not getting hit by shifter. Hasn't happened since.

Perhaps you have a similar (or worse) wiring conflict going on.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
You should be able to pull one of the locking posts on the door up by hand. Sometimes they are quite stiff, so you have to get a good grip and pull hard. If it's a problem with the CDL (likely) that will work on either door. If you have a problem with the actual door latch (unlikely) you should be able to unlock the other door by pulling up the locking post.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an appointment at the dealer in two weeks. They said it is probably the CDL. They've replaced a lot of them. If so, it is covered under my extended warranty I bought with the car. It is very hard to pull up on the lock pin in the door. I manually unlocked it last night, but now it seems to be really hard to pull up to unlock. The passenger side pin will not budge. Can't wait to get it fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts