The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help. I think this is the right part.

Will this part work on our cars not originally equipped with power folding mirrors (I haven't popped mine out so not sure if harness will fit)?

If it is right, great, I'll get it. If it's not, please direct me to proper part.

-Thanks

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
that's not the folding mirror switch, just the power mirror switch. you need the one with this picture at the top:

FORD MONDEO MK3 POWERFOLD ELECTRIC WING MIRROR SWITCH 2004 - 2007 | eBay

The harness will work-it is literally just one of the pins is missing on the non-folding switch, but the harness has the recepticle. It's a bit to get out (still a 5 min job just snug) and pull the harness out, then unplug and replace. Be careful not to mar the leather when popping it out with a screwdriver.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
:up:What he said

5 min max job

·
Registered
240 Posts
"The harness will work-it is literally just one of the pins is missing on the non-folding switch, but the harness has the recepticle. It's a bit to get out (still a 5 min job just snug) and pull the harness out, then unplug and replace. Be careful not to mar the leather when popping it out with a screwdriver."

I did not get the power folding mirrior option, but do you mean to say that my 2011 Evora has the nessesary wiring and motors to use the power mirrors, but the only part missing for me to acess this is a pin? And ordering this new switch will provide access to the power folding mirror option?

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
"The harness will work-it is literally just one of the pins is missing on the non-folding switch, but the harness has the recepticle. It's a bit to get out (still a 5 min job just snug) and pull the harness out, then unplug and replace. Be careful not to mar the leather when popping it out with a screwdriver."

I did not get the power folding mirrior option, but do you mean to say that my 2011 Evora has the nessesary wiring and motors to use the power mirrors, but the only part missing for me to acess this is a pin? And ordering this new switch will provide access to the power folding mirror option?
Yep. Just need the switch. There was a long thread about this in the spring.

Did it on my MY11 in about 5 min:up:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
it will make more sense when you pull the factory (non power folding) switch out, and look at the harness and the switch.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Yup! better than dealer and costs less too!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Which heavy shift knob did you get to work?

·
Registered
14 Posts
just got the part today popped it in and works like a charm, one of the best mods i've ever seen, thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts