The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to hook up the power source for an amp on a 05 Elise? Planning to run a 8 gage wire to the battery but was wondering if there are any alternative installations out there.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
What is the best way to hook up the power source for an amp on a 05 Elise? Planning to run a 8 gage wire to the battery but was wondering if there are any alternative installations out there.
That's generally the best way to go. A reasonably high powered amp (say ~600W total) can require a peak current of more than 50 amps... and there aren't many places in the car where there's an extra current carrying capacity that large available. Plus, you'll get less electrical noise if you go directly to the battery...

There are a few threads showing the best way to route power from the battery through the engine compartment and into the passenger compartment. It's a little tedious, but not really a tough job.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I really am not sure what else there is...

Ironically jmiesse bought my elise and I had done a full stereo in it and had an amp rack with crossovers etc. built into the boot. Im sure he would show it to you.

I attached many images below that I found and gathered together and it really helped out so maybe help you...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts