The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual for my 2017 Evora 400 says that I should use something called Petronas Tutela Starfluid HD-ED. Needless to say this is not readily available in the US. When I google it I get this:

https://extranetpli-eu.pli-petronas.com/dsp/pdf/eng/scat/2291_scat_ENG.pdf

Which says its Dexron II D spec. But other posts I can find here say that I should use Dexron III spec power steering fluid. Which is correct?

The reason I am asking is that I have some creaks in the steering and am thinking about bleeding the system.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
The manual for my 2017 Evora 400 says that I should use something called Petronas Tutela Starfluid HD-ED. Needless to say this is not readily available in the US. When I google it I get this:

Which says its Dexron II D spec. But other posts I can find here say that I should use Dexron III spec power steering fluid. Which is correct?

The reason I am asking is that I have some creaks in the steering and am thinking about bleeding the system.
I just used whatever readily available Dexron III I could find when I had to replace my PS fluid. Seems to work fine. Bleeding took a while though; lots of slow lock-to-locks while the wheels are on the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts