The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anybody know anywhere provide the power steering kit for Elise? I's too hard to turn the steering wheel especially when parking.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
You might be able to put a bigger diameter steering wheel on it for more leverage using a hub adapter. But really, it's one of the lightest steering cars ever.

·
Registered
773 Posts
WTF... ...???? :huh:

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
No such thing

Try two things though - make sure your tyre pressures are correct (low tyre pressure is bad for a lot of reasons but also impacts steering effort) and also don't try to turn the steering wheel when stationary - by this I mean always have some movement (forward or backward) as this will significantly reduce steering effort.

·
Vendor
3,333 Posts
Hehe, Actually, we're investigating it for our XP car! Blasphemy you say? Well, 11inch slicks don't turn very easily, esp with alot of caster. Actually, the problem is steering speed for auto-x. If you watch any of my videos, I shuffle steer to get the car around the course. The elise has a relatively slow rack. Our car has the sport rack, but it still is slow side-to-side. Curious to see if an S2000 rack will fit, then shorten the steering arms to make it faster.

·
Registered
570 Posts
you're kidding

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi, does anybody know anywhere provide the power steering kit for Elise? I's too hard to turn the steering wheel especially when parking.
Thanks.
With all due respect... You don´t deserve that car :D

This can´t be real, you posted this to pull our leg, right? Right???

·
Registered
365 Posts
ooh ooh ooh, I wanna play! ...perhaps you're also interested in:

-a heated/cooled seat kit
-Electric Sunroof Kit (but only for the Hardtop, because let's be honest....it just doesn't make sense on the soft top). Wireless Remote control optional
-Headlight Wipers
-Cruise Control Kit
-Smoke Screen and Oil Slick dispensers (alla James Bond) from the rear. Ok, this one may be a gimmie, some people have already done it, although unintentionally.

Mmmm...freshly brewed sarcasm to start the morning off right.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Im no beef cake....but I drive one handing in the parking lots.....

You will get used to it, dont worry

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, I do not mind my Elise has no power steering, I can cope with it. It would be better if it has power steering, especially when I hear the complaint when some girl try my car.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
well, I do not mind my Elise has no power steering, I can cope with it. It would be better if it has power steering, especially when I hear the complaint when some girl try my car.
My 5 ' 2" girlfriend can handle it! Hopefully you don't let any girl drive your car. Think of it as a way to keep it all to yourself.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Don't let some girl try your car.

xtn

1 - 20 of 29 Posts