The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done painting the car yesterday, and today we started reassembly. Everything was going well, and we were making great time.
We hung the passenger door, everything checked out and worked, but after the driver side door went on we couldn't get the window to roll up.
It has never had an issue before. We hooked everything up properly, I checked the wires for any breaks, and also made sure the connectors were fine. Also checked the fuse and it was fine.

I can't understand what is going on, and its really stressing me out. I could live with it temporarily if it was up, but its all the way down
I honestly dont think its the window motor because I never had any issues before the paint job.
I REALLY need you guys help on this one, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Maybe you got some over spray on a connector or something, not much advise that can be given at this point other then to break out a DVM and start checking for voltage at the motor when you toggle the window switch. If you have nothing there start working your way back...

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Check the switch plug connector and fuse again. At the switch connector run a temporary power + and ground wire to the blue/yellow and blue green to directly test the motor.
Michael

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I never updated this! Got out the tester and decided that the power wire must have been cut at one point, although I could not trace it. I ended up runing a wire from the passenger side to the driver side, everything works as it should now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts