The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a federal elise and i'm looking to get a new motor for the power window. Does any one know if there's a motor available on the market that would fit in an Elise? Alternatively, would a motor from a passenger side UK Elise/Exige fit in the driver side of a US elise? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Hello,
Are you sure the motor failed and not the fuse or switch? Or the cable broke? Don't know if the UK motor would fit, but might. Alternative is a used regulator assembly. I bought one of these two months ago from Inokinetic. It works perfectly.

New assembly:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By harness plug, do you mean the physical switch itself, or is there another location for that?

·
Administrator
1,543 Posts
I strongly suggest that you download the manuals and baring that, googling your questions and sometimes rephrasing your questions might yield a quicker answer. Try this link it might aid you. How to remove door on Elise ??

Reactions: infernoflo

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I wanted to bump this post and see if anyone could help me troubleshoot. I've taken the following actions which still have NOT resulted fixing the power window issue:

1. Checked Fuse #3 for issues, and replaced the fuse. That did not work.
  2. Checked and replaced both the regulator and the motor for the power window. That did not work.
  3. Replaced the button for the window, that did not work.
  4. I checked the harness for looseness checking the white connector and it looks just fine
There are two observations I noticed: When i turn on the lights, the power switch switch does not light up on the driver's side, but does for the passenger side. I assumed that would mean it might be electronics related however the CDL works and that's all part of the same harness. Anyone have other thoughts here?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Are both windows affected? Do the switches on door panels illuminate with lights on?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are both windows affected? Do the switches on door panels illuminate with lights on?
Passenger window works fine, i swapped the switches and the passenger works perfectly. The funny thing is the driver's side door panel does NOT illuminate, but the passenger one does. I looked up the service manual and i assume if the harness was loose, then the door lock wouldn't work since it's all part of the same harness (but please correct me if I'm mistaken).

·
Registered
721 Posts
Are you 100% certain the connection on the back of the switch is being fully made? I ask because my passenger side connection worked itself loose and I only noticed because it was intermittently lit. Otherwise, sounds like its time to pull out a multimeter and confirm power at the switch...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just checked it (by pressing the button with the blue/yellow wire connected to one end of the multimeter and the green/blue wire connected to the other end). Still no dice. I'm honestly baffled. Is there some way to check the cables without digging out all the wires?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts