The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was brought up over on roadfly. The driver side door only has a window switch for the driver side. You will still have to lean over to the passenger side to open/close the window. Is Lotus going to do anything about this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
i admit - that is pretty dumb.

they put in power to make the lazy americans happy, but they make it difficult for the driver to lower both windows if he's alone in the car.

Heck, if you do that, might as well just keep the rollups (i was fine w/ them)

just my 0.02

Robert
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,081 Posts
Much ado about nothing. Lean over and open it or close it.

My MR2 had manual windows. As long as I loosened the seat belt, I could lean over and crank it. This will be even easier since it's electric and you are closer.


Next we will have people complaining that the buttons are not "one touch" up or down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Randy Chase said:
...Next we will have people complaining that the buttons are not "one touch" up or down.
What, no express up/down?! This is an outrage!

As soon as I can find a better handling, better looking , more exclusive car for the same money I'm cancelling my order!

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
NOw that we've finally gotten confirmation the cars are coming soon, now everyone's going to thing of things wrong with it! I really liked the manual cranks but as I went with touring I'll be getting leccy, at this stage just dont care, get me the effing car!

;)
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,253 Posts
There is a toggle switch in front of the shift boot, it toggles left and right. I am pretty certain but I think when you toggle it to the right you can use the driver's side power widow switch to make the passenger side go up and down. Can I say "Toggle" anymore times in the same paragraph:D

Neil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
HI Neil,
I didn't notice that. I thought it was an aux jack for cell phone or some such.
Chris
BTW> WHich puma driving shoes do you have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,253 Posts
Hey Chris
My everyday driving shoes are Adidas Tuscanys. And the pumas are the CIRCAT S MC. Mine are red and white. As far as the Toggle switch like I said I am almost certain, but then again you might be right. I am getting the role up windows anyways, too lazy to order the touring package :D

Neil
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,577 Posts
But the rattles?

I am under the impression that the crank windows rattle. That is my main reason for leaning towards the touring package. Am I mistaken? I wouldn't mind the nicer stereo or the leather, but I don't want the thicker top or some of the other bits. The rattly windows were the deciding factor for me. I thought that this was decided. Now I have to rethink the touring pack AND decide on a color (again)!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,311 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
NOw that we've finally gotten confirmation the cars are coming soon, now everyone's going to thing of things wrong with it!;)
Chris
I agree... buy a 18 inch long dowel and shutup & drive!!! :)
Kiyoshi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
I heard the same thing about the roll me up windows....they rattle and clunk....

I am getting the touring package for the 1200 lazy man power window switch.... :>))

I can not believe I will actually have to hold the button til the window is ALL the way down....I didn't know they made those old buttons anymore. :>)))))

I WANT MY CAR NOW.....I am getting cranky.....Oh, wait....12 plus inches of snow predicted for tonight...That will turn an Elise into a mogel....Ok Delivery next week.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,577 Posts
elise77 said:
I heard the same thing about the roll me up windows....they rattle and clunk....

I am getting the touring package for the 1200 lazy man power window switch.... :>))

I can not believe I will actually have to hold the button til the window is ALL the way down....I didn't know they made those old buttons anymore. :>)))))

I WANT MY CAR NOW.....I am getting cranky.....Oh, wait....12 plus inches of snow predicted for tonight...That will turn an Elise into a mogel....Ok Delivery next week.....
You must be right down the road. I am getting impatient as well but consider myself lucky that I might get to see a car or two before I have to order. I'm #36 at AutoEurope. I'm still leaning towards the touring package, but I may find someone on here to trade my touring top for a non-touring model. Then I'll pull out the extra carpet (I hear it just velcros in) and I'll be close to having what I want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,160 Posts
Very nice Neil. I was thinking to get a pair of those as well. Are there laces under the zipper or is it completely a slip on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Much ado about nothing. Lean over and open it or close it.

My MR2 had manual windows. As long as I loosened the seat belt, I could lean over and crank it. This will be even easier since it's electric and you are closer.
Well, right... apparently on the Elise you can lean over and crank the windows or lean over and hit the switch. There doesn't seem to be any significant difference except which position your arm is in when you're bent over in your car. In my car the difference between power windows and crank windows is being able to open and close any or all the windows at speed according to the weather (plus passenger lockout and auto-down). I can see the point of the latter power windows but I have little understanding of desire for the former type outside of people who suffer severe arthritis or those unable to move their arm in a circular motion. It amazes me if that's considered a significant advantage to car buyers... then again it is America. It's not a big deal to me as I was on the fence about the touring package anyway, I just find it peculiar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
I looked over the leccy window test cars and a standard s2 with manual windows last Sept.

Absolutely, the windows in the manual cranks tend to rattle whereas the electrics don't I guess because the motor powered window drives are in a constant tension, as opposed to manuals that wind.

This has also been confirmed by numerous posts on Seloc.

Neil,
Thanks very much for the shoe info!
CHris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,253 Posts
Vantage said:
Very nice Neil. I was thinking to get a pair of those as well. Are there laces under the zipper or is it completely a slip on?
No laces, thats what I liked about them. Just zip up and drive :cool:

Neil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Little Bastard said:
There is a toggle switch in front of the shift boot, it toggles left and right. I am pretty certain but I think when you toggle it to the right you can use the driver's side power widow switch to make the passenger side go up and down. Can I say "Toggle" anymore times in the same paragraph:D

Neil
That isn't for the heated power side mirrors? There are power mirrors, no?:D
Or else I will have to wait for the Touring Plus package to come out....
 

·
Supporting Vendor
Joined
·
4,290 Posts
Little Bastard said:
There is a toggle switch in front of the shift boot, it toggles left and right. I am pretty certain but I think when you toggle it to the right you can use the driver's side power widow switch to make the passenger side go up and down.
I thought that switch may have been for the central locking? :confused:
 
1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Top